T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Jun 18, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #512 of 622
Awesome H20, thank you so much to you and the others here...I hope all you guys that review get something for your time...whether it be free IEM's, $$$, or just good karma, you deserve it. I will be ordering on Friday and I'm searching the app store right now for the "Equalizer". Once I have them, I will give my feed back about them.

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #513 of 622
Awesome H20, thank you so much to you and the others here...I hope all you guys that review get something for your time...whether it be free IEM's, $$$, or just good karma, you deserve it. I will be ordering on Friday and I'm searching the app store right now for the "Equalizer". Once I have them, I will give my feed back about them.

You're welcome mate, all the best with it.

Also never think twice about running them with a rockbox Sansa Clip Zip. (very cheap clips onto your pocket). Take some load off your phone battery and I know they sound great from that player.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #514 of 622
I think if I do get a player, I will fork out the $$ for a DX50 instead of a Clip...I'd rather have the better quality player if I need to go that route. I saw some threads where you said the DX50 amped with the NX1 going to the H300's was a dynamite combo. Of course I will only go that route if needed...cheers :)

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #515 of 622
H20 - I definitely agree that EQ'ing down is much better. Based on what everyone has said in the previous posts, my plan of action will be to (obviously) get the H300's from digital852 and get some TS200 comply tips as recommended previously in the Aussie Tour thread for the H300. If the sound isn't up to snuff, I might try the SpinFit tips suggested by xaddictionx...next would be to a go to a better source (DX50) and amp (NX1). Lastly, if that doesn't do it, I'll try different cables. Does this sound like a good plan of attack? Would you change the order of my steps?

Couple suggestions, one of the main comfort issues with the H-300 is how the housing can sit against your ear and cause pain, with this in mind, I think you'd want to go for the tx-200 comply tips. They're longer, isolate better, and have a earwax blocker which will actually block a lot of the treble. So all you would need to do is eq a few decibels up at the 10-20k range and you'd be good to go.

edit: Also, let me know how well the tx/ts do fit, I've heard the ts 400 was too large, but only barely. So I assumed the 300 would be the best.

I actually asked comply, and because they say they can't "recommend it" for safety reasons (they haven't tested them), they only gave me a hint of what I should use; and they mentioned the 400 as well.

Quote:
Lol about my ears, my ears, MY EARS! My current source is a lowly iPhone4...I will have to DL an EQ app for it (not sure which one to DL though).
Oh ya, almost forgot...H20, have you got your hands on the Fidue A83 yet to compare to the H300's? I'm not changing my mind though, I am getting the H300's!

I say this a lot, but I encourage you to try the Denon Club App from the App store, it's actually a full music player with an EQ, except the UI is far better and it has many more functions than the default music app like queuing music, look up lyrics, check what' next in shuffle, etc.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #516 of 622
>edit: Also, let me know how well the tx/ts do fit, I've heard the ts 400 was too large, but only barely. So I assumed the 300 would be the best. I actually asked comply, and because they say they can't "recommend it" for safety reasons (they haven't tested them), they only gave me a hint of what I should use; and they mentioned the 400 as well.

i use tx500. they're fine.
don't hear a difference between t500 and tx500 though.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #517 of 622
>edit: Also, let me know how well the tx/ts do fit, I've heard the ts 400 was too large, but only barely. So I assumed the 300 would be the best. I actually asked comply, and because they say they can't "recommend it" for safety reasons (they haven't tested them), they only gave me a hint of what I should use; and they mentioned the 400 as well.

i use tx500. they're fine.
don't hear a difference between t500 and tx500 though.

Tx500 huh? I assumed it would be too large. Do you think tx500 are worth it over t500?

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #518 of 622
Tx500 huh? I assumed it would be too large. Do you think tx500 are worth it over t500?

I use tx400 and tx500 as well. I just like it cause it has the filter thing. Didn't notice any sound differences. It being foam is just very different.

Trying to get my hands on the A83 as well.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #521 of 622
TX500 is a little too big. Mine kept coming off in my ear :/
So TX400 is probably the best fit for the H-300.

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #523 of 622
MeElectronic tips came in, the dual flange are hilariously big, but I like the small triple flange and the small single flange for comfort and the medium size for isolation.

-inserting photo later -

If anyone wants the Large triple flange (aka the ear cleaner), dual flange, or large single flange tips, just shoot me a pm. If you pay shipping, I'll send them for free. Gonna be looking into those comply tips now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back