T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,336 of 2,595
It hangs a couple of inches below the jaw, above the cinch and I do not see a good way to clip it and not be somewhat tethered.  I like having a mic set available on a set of cables but do not like it on my primary listening setup.  I wear collared shirts most of the day and that mic frequently catches and tugs on the IEM; I just wish it wasn't there. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,337 of 2,595
Quote:
It hangs a couple of inches below the jaw, above the cinch and I do not see a good way to clip it and not be somewhat tethered.  I like having a mic set available on a set of cables but do not like it on my primary listening setup.  I wear collared shirts most of the day and that mic frequently catches and tugs on the IEM; I just wish it wasn't there. 

I see the black cable shown in one of the images here, and I can understand where you are coming from. That would (er, will) drive me a bit nuts as well. I'll most likely be sticking with the red cable, and be wishing that it was black, but knowing that I will probably get a custom cable later on.

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #1,339 of 2,595
Has anyone compared the H-200 against the MDR 7550?

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #1,341 of 2,595
T-PEOS will be offering a silver cable next month according to Sungoo ~$45USD+$20 shipping.  It's supposed to improve the sound but is said to be pretty microphonic (in case that bothers you).

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #1,342 of 2,595
T-PEOS will be offering a silver cable next month according to Sungoo ~$45USD+$20 shipping.  It's supposed to improve the sound but is said to be pretty microphonic (in case that bothers you).

Pure silver or silver plated copper?

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,343 of 2,595

$20 to ship a cable?

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #1,344 of 2,595
what about custom made cables for which offerings were available privately? no more?

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #1,345 of 2,595
what about custom made cables for which offerings were available privately? no more?

To my understanding there will be custom plugs available to have any custom cable built you want. During my conversations with T-Peos this has been mentioned, so I gather they're listening. To my understanding last I heard the cable they wll be releasing next month is similar (if not the same) as the silver plated (SPC) one I have shown below (minus the Viablue jack) I have been communutacting with T-Peos a little but they haven't exactly said what's going on yet, the cable could change for all I know.

The plugs are important though Gintaras, I agree. Opens up a world of possiblitys to have any cable made we want.

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #1,348 of 2,595
From what I heard, the first-party upgrade cables use the same material as yours, 7n OCC SPC. Things subject to change are plug, connectors and such.

The source is T-PEOS official blog.

Thanks Marcus, I think people will be happy with the sound performance increase ( I sure am) I just worry about the cable noise a little. I will say the upgrade cable for those who want to extract the most from H-200 is a must. Big difference here for me, big difference.

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #1,350 of 2,595
That maybe so but it's still a cable. Do they give you cheaper shipping options?

Cable or not, its still for the shipping. As you may know, shipping has never been that cheap, especially registered and fast. Cheap options like mail shipping and all may leave a big time gap and room for many problems to occur and is not very secure; something the company would probably prefer to avoid.

As of shipping options, you may have to speak with them to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back