T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #1,066 of 2,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do we get the cables? It seems that the middle man can no longer play that part.

Quote:
With Rocca BA I achieve impressively crisp vocals which are rather detailed, when singers hit high notes they really dig In (in a good way) the Cowon makes them sound rather smooth, less ensuing. Although using Studio V won't quite accomplish the same vocal reproduction takes all prizes everywhere else. I hope you guys can get these upgrade cables to (from T-Peos)because it makes a noticeable difference to my ears. I'd write some more explaining I'n detail but I'm on my phone and it does my head I'n typing.
tongue.gif

I've  emailed T-Peos coz I wanted to order the 7n OCC and they said the custom cables will most likely be available in July. Something to look forward to...

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,067 of 2,595
Yes, I am currently too busy IRL, but I guess you can ask T-PEOS themselves as they are currently planning on selling first-party cables, that are virtually the same as H20Fidelity's 7n OCC SPC cables.

EDIT: whoops, I am indeed late. Nevermind.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,068 of 2,595
@kimvictor - yes i do enjoy the h200 more then my 8.a. just because they are priced 1000+ up doesn't mean they are 1000% better, I hadn't heard the 8.a before i got them which was a big mistake and if u see the hype train on the heir thread you might feel like buying the 8.a aswell as they make it sound like its the best thing out there since sliced bread. Most people don't diss a product which they payed 1000$+ for...cuz no one wants to be that fool who payed such a price for mediocre iems. The biggest problem with the 8.a if u ever get to demo it for a longer session is that it doesn't reproduce the song properly..im not talking reference quality accuracy.. just how a song would sound out out "most" iems..  it changes it according to its own sound sig... most of the times u hear a familiar song and ur like What it doesnt sound like that, yes the micro detail is all there, but u haveto sit up and listen for it .. its not just delivered naturally, .. it does get fatiguing on longer sessions... i used to get treble spikes aswell. the 8.a is not for every genre.. for some yes.. but for the music i listen to / (electronic/ commercial crap / bollywood ost) ..it definitely doesnt deliver... i wouldnt pay 1300$ for it.. there are many better options out there for the price. JH13/16 are one of them, I can go on about many more issues .. and i know alot of people here who have gone through quite a torture dealing with heir after they bought an iem/custom,  but this is not the thread i want to do that in.... to me.. h200 is a superb piece of kit.. for the price u get an iem which is much better then what u payed .. that sort of satisfaction is something you get rarely on head fi .. so yes im glad h20 recomended it to me. im glad I bought it.. i hope it brings happiness to a few more members here..  this is completely my experience.. i dont expect any1 else to agree  and they have all the right to express their opinions. As long as u enjoy music and are happy with the gear u have even if its a 10$ iem or a 1000$ iem .. then thats all that matters.

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #1,069 of 2,595
my 2 cents here, i listened to UE Reference Monitors from James 444 and he listened to H200, the fact is that they are two different IEMs so it depends what you want. i used Rwak for listen and found UERM to be damn neutral and accurate sounding while sometimes lacking some fun element, on the contrary if i recall James correctly he liked H200 precisely for their fun sound but did not find them detailed enough and not so neutral.

i find H200 very entertaining and well sounding and they easily can live side by side with 1plus2 without making me forget them. i do not care how much each cost because every of them does amazing job bringing musical joy for me.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #1,070 of 2,595
Quote:
@kimvictor - yes i do enjoy the h200 more then my 8.a. just because they are priced 1000+ up doesn't mean they are 1000% better, I hadn't heard the 8.a before i got them which was a big mistake and if u see the hype train on the heir thread you might feel like buying the 8.a aswell as they make it sound like its the best thing out there since sliced bread. Most people don't diss a product which they payed 1000$+ for...cuz no one wants to be that fool who payed such a price for mediocre iems. The biggest problem with the 8.a if u ever get to demo it for a longer session is that it doesn't reproduce the song properly..im not talking reference quality accuracy.. just how a song would sound out out "most" iems..  it changes it according to its own sound sig... most of the times u hear a familiar song and ur like What it doesnt sound like that, yes the micro detail is all there, but u haveto sit up and listen for it .. its not just delivered naturally, .. it does get fatiguing on longer sessions... i used to get treble spikes aswell. the 8.a is not for every genre.. for some yes.. but for the music i listen to / (electronic/ commercial crap / bollywood ost) ..it definitely doesnt deliver... i wouldnt pay 1300$ for it.. there are many better options out there for the price. JH13/16 are one of them, I can go on about many more issues .. and i know alot of people here who have gone through quite a torture dealing with heir after they bought an iem/custom,  but this is not the thread i want to do that in.... to me.. h200 is a superb piece of kit.. for the price u get an iem which is much better then what u payed .. that sort of satisfaction is something you get rarely on head fi .. so yes im glad h20 recomended it to me. im glad I bought it.. i hope it brings happiness to a few more members here..  this is completely my experience.. i dont expect any1 else to agree  and they have all the right to express their opinions. As long as u enjoy music and are happy with the gear u have even if its a 10$ iem or a 1000$ iem .. then thats all that matters.

Let me preface this by stating that I have a set of 8A's coming - And that they are some of the best reviewed CIEM's on the board - and certainly while they aren't for everyone - perhaps they certainly are not for someone who describes the music they listen to as commercial crap (and most commercial music is recorded like crap) as well as other genres that don't ask the listener to do much other than enjoy the bump and hiss. But I take umbrage with your blanket statement that those who purchase them are fools. And I certainly hope they don't sound like "most IEMs" Hell, why would anyone pay more for an item if all they were looking for was the status quo? It is obvious you are looking for a "fun" IEM and have found it - congrats. But your sweeping remarks about another perhaps superb piece of kit that wasn't your cup of Bollywood, are condescending and wrong. Be happy with what you have, but don't assume that everyone has your taste (thank God - or Vishnu - or whomever) Also don't make the assumption about me, stating that if I secretly don't find them the cat's meow, that I will be somehow afraid to tell a computer message board for fear they will think I have wasted my money - lol. I can be frank and to the point about things - I'll let the chips fall where they may. I am done with bad metaphors for the moment - If I think of any more, I'll be sure to post.

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,071 of 2,595
 what u said "I have a set of 8A's coming" 

talk when they arrive, not before hearing them, ive heard them and no i do agree with most reviews out there, I've mentioned how i hear it.. and you are most welcome to pm me your thoughts when u do aswell as post in the heir thread

ill let ur racist statements go as u think anyone from india is a vishu worshipper or a hindu. Im not. I also dont care what u think of the music i listen to and i may not have the audiophile lingo as most people here do. ..i also do not have a broad range in music, no. but yes it is something that i listen to. 

just want to clear out a two things here. 

1) I never said those who purchase them are fools, "(Most people don't diss a product which they payed 1000$+ for...cuz no one wants to be that fool who payed such a price for mediocre iems)" and that is in regard to many top end iems/customs that are not worth the price. thats why u see them often in for sale threads, or people not liking the soundsig or want to try something else.. thats just how head fi is. 

2) i wasnt looking for status quo .. I, like yourself read all the supposed "best reviewed" reviews .. and jumped in on a pair.. thinking ..ill have lush warm.. really nice sounding bassy iems / just like heir thread and their website states (you can have it all &  “balance” between accuracy and bass delivery),  and no i wasnt looking for fun iems, i was looking for "balance" ., but unfortunately when i got them.. what i got were treble spikes .. source picky iems that were laidback .. and not at all engaging .. so i sold them .. and i couldnt have been happier. 

i hope that u like your 8.a but i suggest u stop behaving like i just kicked your dog and be all crazy about it. it was my views on the iems. i didnt like it . infact i think its one of the most over rated iems on head fi currently.. but im sure u will love them and enjoy them with your broad range in music. good luck. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #1,072 of 2,595
Quote:

I got ya.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #1,073 of 2,595
i didnt go half cocked.. if u go back and read my original post i simply said.. to me i enjoy the h200 more then then 8.a..(since someone said it was better then a 3.a before my post) kim misunderstood that for me sayin h200 r better then the 8.a... i didnt say that but since he had a doubt of why i said that... and another member mentioned it aswell. i thought id let them know what i felt about the 8.a.. and why 1k plus doesnt mean 1k better sound..  ivg u haveto understand the 8.a topic for me is a sore one.. i spent alot of money on it.. money that took me a long time to collect.. and i was really underwhelmed by them ... im not saying everyone else will too.. i have mentioned in my post too that this is my experience.. you have all the right to your opinions.. but when u come and try to make it sound like i listen to a crap genre with crap recordings and it was me who has made the bad choice to choose the wrong iem... it isnt like that.. if im paying 1300$ i expect it to play well with most genre's .. yes i do not listen to something out of the world.. i was suggested to go for the 8.a for electronic music, and i expected them to sound good while doing so.. and honestly they didnt.. is it too much to expect? i dont think so, so yes i will post my thoughts back on this thread.  and i said i wouldnt pay 1300 for the 8.a but there are other alternates which i would gladly spend 1k on.. which is the 13pro fq which i heard a demo of and i thought ..again (to me) they were much better. i dont see it condescending,  wouldnt anyone choose a better car  then a bad one (to them) for the same price.

i do not expect any1 to mirror my experience.. and i hope they never have to aswell. i know how hard earning money can be.. and how bad it can be hitting a loss for a 1month old iem. and hindu religion started in india and since i am from here.. i know where that was directed. its not the first time ive had to dealt with it..im not hindu and i do not take as seriously as some others. but just wanted to bring it to your notice..  and like u said in ur last line.. if they do turn out wrong for u .. u will state them why they were wrong for you..  i think i have mentioned that aswell in my previous post... that "this is completely my experience.. i dont expect any1 else to agree  and they have all the right to express their opinions. As long as u enjoy music and are happy with the gear u have even if its a 10$ iem or a 1000$ iem .. then thats all that matters."   

i really mean that for everyone here..and i just stated why the 8.a were wrong for me. and im not gonna post anything more on this topic after this..

to everyone else, im sorry guys, i made this thread go the other direction. i want to keep this on the h-200 topic! so please back to the impressions / and all things related to this really awesome iem :) 

@ kim - haha sorry again bro. for all the confusion. cheers :) 

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,074 of 2,595
Quote:
i didnt go half cocked.. if u go back and read my original post i simply said.. to me i enjoy the h200 more then then 8.a..(since someone said it was better then a 3.a before my post) kim misunderstood that for me sayin h200 r better then the 8.a... i didnt say that but since he had a doubt of why i said that... and another member mentioned it aswell. i thought id let them know what i felt about the 8.a.. and why 1k plus doesnt mean 1k better sound..  ivg u haveto understand the 8.a topic for me is a sore one.. i spent alot of money on it.. money that took me a long time to collect.. and i was really underwhelmed by them ... im not saying everyone else will too.. i have mentioned in my post too that this is my experience.. you have all the right to your opinions.. but when u come and try to make it sound like i listen to a crap genre with crap recordings and it was me who has made the bad choice to choose the wrong iem... it isnt like that.. if im paying 1300$ i expect it to play well with most genre's .. yes i do not listen to something out of the world.. i was suggested to go for the 8.a for electronic music, and i expected them to sound good while doing so.. and honestly they didnt.. is it too much to expect? i dont think so, so yes i will post my thoughts back on this thread.  and i said i wouldnt pay 1300 for the 8.a but there are other alternates which i would gladly spend 1k on.. which is the 13pro fq which i heard a demo of and i thought ..again (to me) they were much better. i dont see it condescending,  wouldnt anyone choose a better car  then a bad one (to them) for the same price.

i do not expect any1 to mirror my experience.. and i hope they never have to aswell. i know how hard earning money can be.. and how bad it can be hitting a loss for a 1month old iem. and hindu religion started in india and since i am from here.. i know where that was directed. its not the first time ive had to dealt with it..im not hindu and i do not take as seriously as some others. but just wanted to bring it to your notice..  and like u said in ur last line.. if they do turn out wrong for u .. u will state them why they were wrong for you..  i think i have mentioned that aswell in my post. and i did mention in my last post .. that 
"this is completely my experience.. i dont expect any1 else to agree  and they have all the right to express their opinions. As long as u enjoy music and are happy with the gear u have even if its a 10$ iem or a 1000$ iem .. then thats all that matters."   

i really mean that for everyone here..and i just stated why the 8.a were wrong for me. and im not gonna post anything more on this topic after this..

to everyone else,
im sorry guys, i made this thread go the other direction. i want to keep this on the h-200 topic! so please back to the impressions / and all things related to this really awesome iem :) 

@ kim - haha sorry again bro. for all the confusion. cheers :) 

It's fine. I'm actually finding that H-200 has better value(price to performance) than my UERM.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,075 of 2,595
I am also sorry the thread got off on a tangent - so this will be the last response and it's over. Please understand I am not calling your music crap - you stated "commercial crap" and I think it is common knowledge that what passes for pop music these days is recorded poorly. It wasn't a put down of the music you love as much as the way that music is typically recorded. I would probably be pissed off as well if what I spent a bundle on didn't live up to expectations, but every headphone is going to "change the music to its own sound signature" - I haven't hear a set that doesn't - it just wasn't your preferred signature - and there might other issues too - spikes in treble and such don't sound pleasant. We should agree to disagree, until later where we may agree again.  

Cheers.

Edit: Thank you for the nice message, toxic - we're good.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #1,076 of 2,595
and i msgd you before u posted the above post. and told u what i felt. im just gonna let this rest! i hope u enjoy your  ciems 
tongue.gif

@kim - the h-200 punches above the price for sure.. once u've crossed 200 hrs it smoothens out even more i feel. cable upgrades are a must aswell lol, are u hearing them amped? whats your setup like?

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #1,077 of 2,595
Quote:
and i msgd you before u posted the above post. and told u what i felt. im just gonna let this rest! i hope u enjoy your  ciems 
tongue.gif

@kim - the h-200 punches above the price for sure.. once u've crossed 200 hrs it smoothens out even more i feel. cable upgrades are a must aswell lol, are u hearing them amped? whats your setup like?

I've burned them in for about 12hrs now. My set up is Computer or GS3 with Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back