T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,036 of 2,595
They play well together.  I'm too new to this hobby to have done many comparisons like to the C&C/BH combo.  I looked for a V1 e12 for the more subtle bass boost but with the H200 I almost never use it anyway; the H200 dynamic bass just seems to really feel full and tight with no help. 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,037 of 2,595
So, apart from unity and his driver flex/fit issues, is there anyone else who has been unhappy with their H-200 purchase?

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,038 of 2,595
Wow.. crickets chirping. That settles it.. everyone loves their H-200's! Happy to hear it :)

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #1,043 of 2,595
Quote:
So, apart from unity and his driver flex/fit issues, is there anyone else who has been unhappy with their H-200 purchase?

Well, I'm very happy but I did have some issues with fit and driver flex as I have smallish, oval canals.  I had to do some experimenting; the comply tips eliminate the flex but I was never much of a fan of the changes in sound they tend to make and if I use the small, grey tips and use the 'proper' insertion technique as H20 often advocates, I get a great result.  The point is I did have to fuss with these a little to make them work but it was sooo worth it. At least tips are a great and inexpensive way to tweak the sound.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #1,044 of 2,595
Quote:
Despite the fact that I was among the few who encountered both issues (bad fit/flex), I've since managed to find a great fit (using the Monster triflange tips), and the flex is nothing I can't live with (and not the first time, either).

Excellent! Thanks.

Quote:
Well, I'm very happy but I did have some issues with fit and driver flex as I have smallish, oval canals.  I had to do some experimenting; the comply tips eliminate the flex but I was never much of a fan of the changes in sound they tend to make and if I use the small, grey tips and use the 'proper' insertion technique as H20 often advocates, I get a great result.  The point is I did have to fuss with these a little to make them work but it was sooo worth it. At least tips are a great and inexpensive way to tweak the sound.

Foam/comply tips aren't for me, so it's great to hear that you got the results you were looking for without them. Thanks!

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #1,046 of 2,595
Happy to have my H-200 back from T-PEOS (they repaired a very minor, cosmetic issue).  I don't have much to add to my initial impressions (which I posted on the older H-200 thread and early in this one) but I got a chance to sit down tonight and listen to the H-200 out of my portable rig (ODAC >> QUICKSTEP), and boy, does this phone (still) impress me.  The ODAC and QS are renowned for their neutrality.. so the beauty of the H-200 shines through, unfiltered.  The ODAC and QS enable the H-200 to perform with a remarkable degree of control & refinement that simply make me want to keep listening.  Smooth, neutral, slightly warm, detailed, and vibrant.  Mind you, I've got other more expensive phones at arms length and the H-200 doesn't shy away from that kind of competition.  I really appreciate this phone's neutrality.  I tend to favor a neutral signature from my phones.. but I've heard many 'neutral' phones that I tend to tire of.. or get bored with.. quickly.  The H-200 is not one of those phones.  At the price these phones are going for now (<$300), I feel they're an excellent value.  I'm confident that lovers of the BA200, GR07, RE-400 (and other neutral-inspired, 'mid-fi titan' IEMs) will certainly enjoy the H-200.

I've ordered one of those fancy custom cables (7N OCC SPC) from T-PEOS for the H-200.. they'll be sending me a review sample of the D-200, as well.  I'll be sending my H-200 to a few trusted fellow Head-Fier's soon (and they'll be getting measured) so we'll have more impressions coming. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,048 of 2,595
Has anyone heard the H-200 and the Phonak 232? I would be interested in a comparison of these two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back