T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,697 of 2,595
Quote:
Has anyone listened to both the T-Peos H-200 and AKG K3003?  Would love to hear thoughts on a comparison H-200 vs K3003.  Wondering if the H-200 is a conservative man's (not poor man) iem?

Can't answer the first question, but can do the second...  In essence, yes, it's a conservative man's IEM (one of many).  Great overall value, great sound overall; does very little wrong :wink:

Planning on starting comparisons over the weekend, if anyone has any requests, make them now. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,698 of 2,595
Quote:

Can't answer the first question, but can do the second...  In essence, yes, it's a conservative man's IEM (one of many).  Great overall value, great sound overall; does very little wrong :wink:

Planning on starting comparisons over the weekend, if anyone has any requests, make them now. 

Thanks tinyman, how about a comparison between H-200 vs CK10 and E-Q5?

Can't justify spending $1,000 on the K3003 so if the H-200 comes close in sound quality it would be truly great value.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,699 of 2,595
Quote:

Ok, should've checked your profile first.  Would like to read a comparison between H-200 vs Phonak Audeo PFE232, Logitech UE900 & Sony XBA-4.  Thanks!
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,700 of 2,595
Quote:

Thanks tinyman, how about a comparison between H-200 vs CK10 and E-Q5?

Can't justify spending $1,000 on the K3003 so if the H-200 comes close in sound quality it would be truly great value.

I can do the Brainwavz B2.  Have no equivalent to the EQ5 though, sorry :frowning2: 

Quote:

Ok, should've checked your profile first.  Would like to read a comparison between H-200 vs Phonak Audeo PFE232, Logitech UE900 & Sony XBA-4.  Thanks!
ksc75smile.gif

LOL.  Well, now we have a list going.  More bad news first though, XBA-4 may not be possible, they've been sent back to Sony.  It's been well over half a year, maybe a full one, since I last heard them.  List as of right now:

1. Brainwavz B2
  2. Phonak Audéo PFE232
  3. Logitech UE 900
  4. Etymotic HF5 (my own addition)
  5. HiFiMan RE-400 (my own addition)
  6. Heir Audio 4.Ai (since it was mentioned in this thread and others)

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,701 of 2,595
Quote:

Yo Wayne! Have you tried the large black stock tips on the H200? Can you do me a favor mate? Do an A/B comparison between the MH1c large tips vs H200 large tips (black).
This song from Lifehouse have so much peak in the highs that can be a real challenge for the H200.

d marc0, that is a great tune, but yes, it is a good torture test! It should be called "Sssssssick Sssssssycle Carousel" lol.

After realizing that pretty much the whole song was a good sibilance torture test, I focused on the 03:37 onwards "sssick sssycle carousel" vocals.

Edit: through my laptop + hifimediy usb sabre dac + fiio e12

My crappy ear findings....

Gray large tips: ouch.

Black large tips: tamed the sibilance a lot, and made it listen-able. The treble as a whole was also reduced. And the bass (and mid-bass) was increased quite a bit. Sounds good to me at first, but then my ears start getting fatigued due to the bass. Also, the tips are not soft and somewhat uncomfortable for me. And they don't stay in my ears at all.

Mh1c large tips: I could be on drugs, but to me they seemed to tame the sibilance a bit more than the black tips BUT still retain more of the treble and treble details/extensions. In other words, these tips seem to focus on taming that 10k peak area. I'm sure that someone will prove that I am on drugs, but that's what I seem to be hearing. There is still a bit of sss going on, but it's not objectionable at all to me (and the song went from "torture test!" to "Hey, that's a really good song!").

A couple of other things that I like about the mh1c tips:

- the bass level is somewhere in between the gray and black tip level and at a place that sounds really good to me.

- they are quite soft (like the gray tips) and comfortable

- because they are softer, they stay in my ears pretty well (not like the large black tips that don't stay in for me at all). If I am moving my head around a lot (like at the gym), the mh1c tips can also start getting dislodged, but apart from that setting, they stay in well for me.

If you are looking for the mh1c tips, apparently the tips that come with the $3-$6 Sony MH750 are the same thing (according to Sfwalcer - thanks for that "tip" Sf!):
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sony+mh750

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #1,703 of 2,595
Quote:
Has anyone listened to both the T-Peos H-200 and AKG K3003?  Would love to hear thoughts on a comparison H-200 vs K3003.  Wondering if the H-200 is a conservative man's (not poor man) iem?

in one word: NO

in a few words: K3003 is closer to 1+2, another league. i heard both and i own 1+2.

H200 is VERY good sounding IEM, just stop comparing to and to.... and instead go read reviews and decide if description of its sonics is what you looking for... 

conservative man? in which sense? i am not conservative at all but i love H200. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #1,704 of 2,595
Quote:

in one word: NO

in a few words: K3003 is closer to 1+2, another league. i heard both and i own 1+2.

H200 is VERY good sounding IEM, just stop comparing to and to.... and instead go read reviews and decide if description of its sonics is what you looking for... 

Quit making so much sense Gintaras! :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,705 of 2,595
Quote:

d marc0, that is a great tune, but yes, it is a good torture test! It should be called "Sssssssick Sssssssycle Carousel" lol.

After realizing that pretty much the whole song was a good sibilance torture test, I focused on the 03:37 onwards "sssick sssycle carousel" vocals.

Edit: through my laptop + hifimediy usb sabre dac + fiio e12

My crappy ear findings....

Gray large tips: ouch.

Black large tips: tamed the sibilance a lot, and made it listen-able. The treble as a whole was also reduced. And the bass (and mid-bass) was increased quite a bit. Sounds good to me at first, but then my ears start getting fatigued due to the bass. Also, the tips are not soft and somewhat uncomfortable for me. And they don't stay in my ears at all.

Mh1c large tips: I could be on drugs, but to me they seemed to tame the sibilance a bit more than the black tips BUT still retain more of the treble and treble details/extensions. In other words, these tips seem to focus on taming that 10k peak area. I'm sure that someone will prove that I am on drugs, but that's what I seem to be hearing. There is still a bit of sss going on, but it's not objectionable at all to me (and the song went from "torture test!" to "Hey, that's a really good song!").

A couple of other things that I like about the mh1c tips:

- the bass level is somewhere in between the gray and black tip level and at a place that sounds really good to me.

- they are quite soft (like the gray tips) and comfortable

- because they are softer, they stay in my ears pretty well (not like the large black tips that don't stay in for me at all). If I am moving my head around a lot (like at the gym), the mh1c tips can also start getting dislodged, but apart from that setting, they stay in well for me.

If you are looking for the mh1c tips, apparently the tips that come with the $3-$6 Sony MH750 are the same thing (according to Sfwalcer - thanks for that "tip" Sf!):
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sony+mh750

Cheers Wayne! You're a legend!
Lifehouse has some pretty cool songs in their catalogue... you may want to check them out. I'll give you a short list of the best ones:
  • Blind
  • Breathing
  • Come Back Down
  • Everything
  • First Time
  • Hanging By A Moment
  • Sick Cycle Carousel
  • Take Me Away
  • You and Me

I decided to ditch the TsX Comply tips because they seem to change the sound of the cymbals... thinner than the normal sound.

I agree with you on the Black stock tips; although they improve the sound, they don't really sit securely in my ear canal as well.
Grrrr! I'm kinda frustrated that I didn't keep my MH1c tips! Glad that Sfwalcer has found the same tips in the MH750. 
I've immediately ordered the MH750 just for the tips! I can't wait them to arrive and finally hear what you're hearing out of your H200 + MH1c tips combo.

Thanks again!

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,706 of 2,595
Quote:
I've immediately ordered the MH750 just for the tips! I can't wait them to arrive and finally hear what you're hearing out of your H200 + MH1c tips combo.

Thanks again!

Your welcome. Thanks for those track listings. And please report back on what you think of those tips. If I am scoobied, it won't be the first time!
beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #1,707 of 2,595
a few TRUE REAL TORTURE TESTS for your H200 if you wish 
L3000.gif
wink_face.gif

and this one 4U 
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #1,708 of 2,595
YES! I love ELO! Not good for comparos tho... they get me confused coz there's too much going on! 
confused_face_2.gif
 LOL!

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #1,709 of 2,595
I received a new SLR camera today, I've only had it about 2 hours. But here's two shots I took of H-200.

(very new to me this fancy camera stuff and Rocco BA has gloss front which causes reflections)

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #1,710 of 2,595
^sexy! Lovely pics H20!
I can't wait to get my own SPC cables for the H200...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back