T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread.
May 9, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #46 of 173
You've ruined them now. This is why we do things our way in Australia. :wink_face:

Better find yourself a red marker and paint it back on there. *looks at Altone350 unit* nope, everything intact.

I've encountered alcohol-sensitive inks before but not on IEM. Just doesn't make sense.

Shakes head and walks away...

May 9, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #47 of 173
@svyr: Wiped off the U.S. A250 tour housings today with alcohol before sending them off to the next reviewer and saw a red stain on the cotton ball. I though, it must be from the red cable.

Nope, it was from the red R printed on the right housing. It didn't wipe all the way off but smeared a bit onto the housing and was duller.

What???

Ouch!
confused_face.gif

May 9, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #50 of 173
Well, it's a little dissappointing to read the review on the a350. Sounds like the only improvements were with their tuning & outer shell.

EQing has never been a problem and if the H-300 eq'd sound better than the A350 stock, then I may as well just keep my H-300.

May 9, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #51 of 173
Well, it's a little dissappointing to read the review on the a350. Sounds like the only improvements were with their tuning & outer shell.

EQing has never been a problem and if the H-300 eq'd sound better than the A350 stock, then I may as well just keep my H-300.

Thats what I will do exactly. I just need that they come from warranty. Missing them already, even though Dunu Titan 1 I got a few days ago is even better.

May 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #52 of 173
Both strippes and logos

No alcohol involved

Lol...

Wow... Just wow.. What were TPEOS thinking?

Thats what I will do exactly. I just need that they come from warranty. Missing them already, even though Dunu Titan 1 I got a few days ago is even better.

How are Titan's bass and isolation vs. H300, though? From what I've read, I can see the upper end comparing nicely vs. H300 but would expect H300 to clean up when it comes to the lower end and isolation.

May 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #53 of 173
Wow... Just wow.. What were TPEOS thinking?
How are Titan's bass and isolation vs. H300, though? From what I've read, I can see the upper end comparing nicely vs. H300 but would expect H300 to clean up when it comes to the lower end and isolation.

I think you can get your answer in my Titan 1 review HERE. But I can't give an accurate comparison from memory.

With a good seal and the right tips I think bass is as good as H300. Isolation, well, its a semi-open IEM...

May 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #56 of 173

No, no, those photos are not mine. It was just to illustrate one tip over the other, how to do it, as it isolates better and gives much more bass. Just the tips. Vents are not covered at all, would ruin the beauty of the sound. I've tried to cover a few with undesirable results.

May 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #57 of 173
I think you can get your answer in my Titan 1 review HERE. But I can't give an accurate comparison from memory.

With a good seal and the right tips I think bass is as good as H300. Isolation, well, its a semi-open IEM...

>With a good seal and the right tips I think bass is as good as H300. Isolation, well, its a semi-open IEM...

amount wise - titan1 bass is nowhere close to h300, a200 or a350

May 10, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #58 of 173
>With a good seal and the right tips I think bass is as good as H300. Isolation, well, its a semi-open IEM...

amount wise - titan1 bass is nowhere close to h300, a200 or a350

The reviews I read make the Titans sound pretty lean. Maybe that tip mod is the real Schiit? Have you tried it svyr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back