System ERR EO1 message on SONY SCD-C333ES???
Nov 7, 2003 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I recently bought the SCD-C333ES from a headfi member; however, the unit power up and displayed "System ERR E01". Can anyone one help me here? I really want to listen to it, I have no manual. Oh man!!

Purk

Nov 7, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 12
The 333 is notorious for laser/ TOC problems. Try unplugging the unit to let it reset. Make sure you have a cd in the tray if you dont now. Try another cd if the current one wont read. Also I dont know if there is a transport lock that needs opened; check that too. The unit may be cold from shipping and that could be the problem, let it warm up to room temperature. Hope these suggestions help.

Nov 7, 2003 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 12
SACD Lover,

I found the problem....I took the chasis off, and the curcuit board at the location of "dial jog" is broken(from shipping). I don't think this is a fixable problem. I might have to contact the seller...so sad. I can't even open/close the disc tray.

Purk

Nov 8, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 12
The circuit board itself cracked? Damn, let this be a lesson to you guys to insure your packages! It was well packed too. Purk, we'll work this out man
frown.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 12
Cannman,
Yes, the circuit board is fracture at the location of the jog dial. Shame on USPS people. The look on the curcuit board is so awesome though....Elna silmic(s) and all...Damn!
mad.gif

You packed the package very well, I believe they must have drop it or something... It is not your false anyway.

Purk

Nov 8, 2003 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
The circuit board itself cracked? Damn, let this be a lesson to you guys to insure your packages! It was well packed too. Purk, we'll work this out man
frown.gif

Insure it on the way back, and just place the claim whne you receive it, later, there is no way of knowing in which way was the damage done if you use the same box, and anyway they broke it, make them pay for that, even if is not insured, they do not have the right of damaging any package........just my two "dirty" cents
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Insure it on the way back, and just place the claim whne you receive it, later, there is no way of knowing in which way was the damage done if you use the same box, and anyway they broke it, make them pay for that, even if is not insured, they do not have the right of damaging any package........just my two "dirty" cents
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

LOL! Well, they actually destroyed it, so it's fair if they have to pay for it...

Nov 8, 2003 at 1:48 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

You dog Sokiller. It was fully insured for the trip there so filing a claim won't be a problem.

Nov 8, 2003 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 12
Cannman,
I send you an e-mail, could you reply that e-mail please.

THanks,
Purk

Nov 8, 2003 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
You dog Sokiller. It was fully insured for the trip there so filing a claim won't be a problem.

Sorry, I was trying to help, I ahve nothing to do here, sorry for being nosy.......(but as usual, misunderstood)

Nov 8, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Insure it on the way back, and just place the claim whne you receive it, later, there is no way of knowing in which way was the damage done if you use the same box

It's a felony to commit fraud, and a felony to be an accessory to fraud.

Nov 8, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
It's a felony to commit fraud, and a felony to be an accessory to fraud.

IMO this is not fraud, we are trying to "legally" make them pay for what they broke temselves...period, if the package were shipped by UPS or FedEx, and we were trying ot blame the USPS, this is a fraud, but the one blamed, was the one who broke it, so where is the felony? In any case the felony is their lack of respect, consideration, and the extremely deficient handling....

BTW talking about felonies, because you did not insure a package that give them the right of breaking it???? It is even a bigger felony IMO to abuse and broke a package, in this case an ultra-expensive player, on the mail don't you think? And later on arguing that it was not insured, that mean IMO that because we do not insure it, that give them the right of breaking the item....and if we pay insurance as they did, do you think that they are going to manipulate the package in a different way.....they are going to break it anyway.....and they broke it in fact, this is simply ridiculous, think what you want, anyway was not mine......and anyway, thanks God, it was even insured, so there is no need of "using the fraud".....and even being insured, they broke it, you see? they don't care a s...t about our values and goods, do you think that is the first time a thing get broke during shipping, do you know how many packages get lost, and broke in the mail a day???? Thousands of them......
confused.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back