Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
May 21, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #422 of 443
For the EU people out there, I've listed mine:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/symphonium-titan-sn-41.68120/
Wonderful iem. The only reason I'm selling it is because many of my favorite j-pop songs have innate sibilance in the recording. The small peaks of the Titan brings them a bit forward.
While this may sound bad, be assured that is not an issue at all in music with no innate sibilance. The treble is just bright enough to give a good balance with the bass, but not too sharp nor fatiguing. Spent hours listening metal, rap and EDM.

May 21, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #423 of 443
Is someone able to give me a few thoughts on the Titan vs the Meteor? Trying to decide which one to go for. Thanks!
titan is quite similar to meteor, titan has MUCH more sub-bass.

the only thing you should be aware of is the driveabilty. titan demands a good source that can support the current draw of such a low impedance load (3 ohms).

May 21, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #424 of 443
The Meteor was awesome for the day.
  • The Titan is quite a bit larger but very comfortable. Looks like it was modeled after the Helios SE size.
  • Staging is larger on the Titan.
  • Meteor has recessed mids, while the Titan is neutral.
  • Note definition on the Titan is miles ahead.
  • Titan scales with your chain. Meteor does not.
  • Titan has got a lot more on both the low and high ends.

Personally.
  • If I don't have either. I will buy the Titan.
  • If I have the Meteor. I will consider an upgrade to the Titan.

IMG_7773.jpeg

May 21, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #425 of 443
titan is quite similar to meteor, titan has MUCH more sub-bass.

the only thing you should be aware of is the driveabilty. titan demands a good source that can support the current draw of such a low impedance load (3 ohms).
Really appreciate the response. And how do you rate Singularity against them? I am a sucker for a good single DD.

May 21, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #426 of 443
The Meteor was awesome for the day.
  • The Titan is quite a bit larger but very comfortable. Looks like it was modeled after the Helios SE size.
  • Staging is larger on the Titan.
  • Meteor has recessed mids, while the Titan is neutral.
  • Note definition on the Titan is miles ahead.
  • Titan scales with your chain. Meteor does not.
  • Titan has got a lot more on both the low and high ends.

Personally.
  • If I don't have either. I will buy the Titan.
  • If I have the Meteor. I will consider an upgrade to the Titan.

IMG_7773.jpeg
Great info, appreciate it!

May 21, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #427 of 443
Really appreciate the response. And how do you rate Singularity against them? I am a sucker for a good single DD.
i prefer singularity over titan since my library is quite mid-bass heavy. some might feel that mid-bass can skew a iem towards muddiness but i think singularity is really well controlled.

if you're looking for something that's more technical i think singularity might not be the move; titan/helios would be a better choice.

May 23, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #429 of 443
I just bought a Titan off the used market and got it today. So far, it sounds bassy, clear and smooth, just like the box says. :)

I dig it so far. It's fun and surprisingly very listenable. When a song calls for the bass boom, it delivers without compromising the midrange and treble.

Here's my squigs and how they look versus two of my favorites:

graph (6).png

graph (7).png

May 23, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #430 of 443
Not sure if I commented on your Titan before but that's a really nice faceplate gacha.
I noticed my Titan faceplates have a very nice pattern compared to my Crimson.

May 23, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #431 of 443
I just bought a Titan off the used market and got it today. So far, it sounds bassy, clear and smooth, just like the box says. :)

I dig it so far. It's fun and surprisingly very listenable. When a song calls for the bass boom, it delivers without compromising the midrange and treble.

Here's my squigs and how they look versus two of my favorites:

graph (6).png

graph (7).png
Very nice!

I’m waiting for a pair to go up on the used market at a good price, trying my best to be patient 🤝

May 23, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #433 of 443
Another random graph comparison. I had the FatFreq Maestro SE on loan last week and just received my Titan this week so unfortunately didn't get to compare both side-by-side. They do have a lot of similarities though! The graphs obviously show the traits. I do think the Titan is smoother and intimate, but the Maestro SE has bigger soundstage and instrument separation. I also like the shell design of the Maestro SE a little bit more just because it fits my ears like a glove, but I can also see a lot of people liking the shallower and smaller fit of the Titan over the deep and large fit of the Maestro SE.

graph (8).png

May 25, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #434 of 443
I swapped my eartips out for some Azla SednaEarfit Max, they’ve brought the bass forward just a little but more than the stock yellow tips. To my ears this is a positive change, I can recommend trying these tips with the titans :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back