Susy Dynahi Builders
Sep 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #16 of 24
  Yeah, Lil Knight took off with about ~15K in T2 money as well (1.5 of it was mine.)  But no one ever thought he was on SWA's list to start.  Some say he was ripped off by the Chinese who demanded all the money up front and then never delivered.  I don't know if that's true, but in either case I would never knowingly get involved with him again.

This is the first I heard of all this.  Holy smokes.  Did anyone pursue it legally?  Or contact WC3?  How did it all end?  It seems he still check Head-Fi...

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 24

i'm not particularly fond of building any amp that requires large two chassis designs without charging more than i'm comfortable with.  i much prefer building single chassis designs.  no doubt, it's a great sounding amp.

My heart is in your hands 
redface.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 24
I'm finishing up a SUSY dynahi and SUSY dynalo. I bought the dynahi boards from a lil knight group buy and I had the dynalo boards made from the publicly available gerbers by Seeed studio. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Seeed again for any design with gerbers available, like the dynahi.

All the components for the SUSY dynahi/dynalo are currently readily available. The older original designs are the ones spec'd with out of production parts.

It'll be a few weeks before the final assembly, my boards are all stuffed and casework remains. I have a gsx mkii, an original dynahi and a original dynalo for comparision. Without having heard the SUSY amps yet, the SUSY dynalo has power output more in line with use as a general purpose headphone amp and I'd consider it as an option rather than the much more powerful dynahi. The dynahi really is intended for outliers like the k1000 and he6.

The designs and gerber archives provided KG and spritzer are a great diy resource and very much appreciated by me.

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 24
I don't know of anyone with a build currently in progress.
I've had one up and running since October. It's my grail headphone amp.

If you are considering doing a build yourself, I'd encourage it. The build, in and of
itself, is no harder than the original dynalo or any of several other popular DIY projects.
The output transistors are end of life now though, and probably are getting hard to
source, I haven't checked lately. If you commit to DIYing a build and can't find the
output transistors, send me a PM and I can probably help. Only warning is that I
travel for work more than half the time and so it could be a week or two wait. If you
do decide to take on the project, KG and Spritzer hang out mostly at *another* 
headphone oriented site and are the best (last resort) resource for the design.
That's the one potential drawback to the SUSY dynas as projects, there isn't much
handholding support for newbies. You'll need to understand the basics even though
the project itself isn't daunting if you do understand the basics. On the flip side, I think
the dyna series of designs is the best sounding HP amps I've ever heard and the SUSY
dynalo is the best of the series.

If you're looking for a builder, I don't have experience with anyone. A pro builder will probably
be $pendy because of the time required to source things like PCB's and matching sets of
end of life trannies.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #21 of 24
latest versions of the susy dynalo and susy dynahi are current production parts with
pzta series surface mount parts. parts should be available for at least 5 years.

probably much more because the mpsa versions are already 30 years old and
the surface mount versions are the same silicon.

I also have a current feedback amp that's in between the two as far as power,
also current parts and easy to build.

May 4, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #22 of 24
Is there anyone currently building the SuSy Dynalo?

I recently finished building one. It sounds fantastic.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/GSxFt

I dragged it to a meet this weekend, and had a chance to listen with HD800, Ether, Alpha Prime, HE-1000. It even had no problem with the HE-6, given a 4Vrms source.

May 9, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #23 of 24
I'm currently building a SUSY Dynalo (multiamp) as well but haven't listened to it yet. Mine is the thru-hole version, using a sigma22 for PSU, and FET input. Boards and PSU are done (PSU is one I had laying around for use in testing stuff).

I'd agree with Bada Bing. I got the multiamp boards from another member who had them run by SeeedStudio, and they seem to be quite good quality. I'll use them myself for a Protect3 board layout I have done as well as a switched XLR/RCA input board I have laid out for use with this amp.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #24 of 24
can you people tell me how this SuSy DynaLo/DynaHi   compares to GSX-mk2?     distortion,noise,crosstalk and power.....   I saw innerfidelity measurements and gsx-mk2 gets outside the sweetspot distortion wise after 2 volts,thats only 100dB for LCD-4....  I want more power for low distortion high spl transients

Users who are viewing this thread

Back