Supra-aural portables...need suggestions
Dec 11, 2009 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

idvsego

100+ Head-Fier
I need some headphones for my portable devices, specifically my zune. I have several earbuds but prefer the on the ear type. I am looking at the px100 but since I will be using them at work I am not sure the open style is best. not looking for everyone else to be listening in on my music. The all important budget question...around $50 and less is better. I have security concerns and if they are too nice they will disappear. for the music selection...a lot of things but mostly classic rock, alternative rock and hip hop. so I guess lets see if anyone has a better suggestion than the px100. thanks in advance.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Very hard to beat the PX100 for sound in the price range but there's the AKG K81Dj are currently $49+shipping at headphonesolutions and they are the best-isolating portables in the price range, though at the expense of comfort.

There's also the Philips SHL9500 which sounds pretty good and is extremely cheap. It doesn't leak out nearly as much as the PX100 does.

Lastly, there's the semi-closed Yuin G2A clip-ons. They won't isolate much but they also won't bother the people around you if you keep your volumes reasonable. They probably won't work too well for hip-hop though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back