Superlux HD661 Comfort Mod?
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

scruppynuppers

New Head-Fier
Okay, so I recently took my dive down this lovely rabbit hole, and I find myself a little lost right now because while I love these headphones and amp (FiiO A1), my right ear is hating these...
The ear cups aren't that deep and I really didn't think my ears were too big, I guess I was half wrong lol
My left ear is fine, my right ear I just want to chop off, it is seriously uncomfortable for my right ear.

SO, with all that said, does anyone have any advice about modding for comfort they can offer for these lovely budget cans?
Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks!
L3000.gif

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 4
You could start by stuffing rolled/folded up tissue paper between the earpad and the baffle. 
Most likely you only need to do it on the 'rear' side of the pads where ear lobes protrude the most. 

If that works, you might want to consider upgrading to a different material at some point.
Foam will work well if you want a bass boost.
Soft rubber tubing would work well if you want to keep the sound mostly unaffected.

No matter which approach you take, the sound will change slightly.

The final solution would be to research some replacement ear pads that are deeper, but finding the correct dimensions from online sellers (ebay is good for various replacements) can be tricky.
But if you find the right pads, that's the best solution.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 4
  You could start by stuffing rolled/folded up tissue paper between the earpad and the baffle. 
Most likely you only need to do it on the 'rear' side of the pads where ear lobes protrude the most. 

If that works, you might want to consider upgrading to a different material at some point.
Foam will work well if you want a bass boost.
Soft rubber tubing would work well if you want to keep the sound mostly unaffected.

No matter which approach you take, the sound will change slightly.

The final solution would be to research some replacement ear pads that are deeper, but finding the correct dimensions from online sellers (ebay is good for various replacements) can be tricky.
But if you find the right pads, that's the best solution.

Wha type of foam? And where could I find soft rubber tubing that would actually fit?
I'd like for the sound to be unaffected the most, so I think the route of the soft rubber tubing would be best.
I'm not entirely sure if they have other ear pads that would fit these specifically, so I guess I'd have to do some digging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back