Super.fi 5 pro's... Should I upgrade?
Oct 21, 2007 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

handoverfist77

New Head-Fier
Currently own the super.fi 5 pro's. I listen to a lot of hip-hop, hard metal, and jazz. Pretty much everything I guess you could say.

Received a brand new pair of super.fi's from UE b/c my old pair bit the dust. I like the bass response for the 5 pro's, only thing was the fit. I always find myself pushing them in, trying to acheive a tight seal. I even switched the right and left drivers so they fit more flush, as per some instructions on the forums. This helped the fit issue, but I still found myself pushing them in every so often. Is this a common issue???? I was using the smallest tips that come with the set.

Not sure if I should just stick with these, or see what else is out there. This has been my 1st real pair of IEM's, so I don't really have anything to compare to. Reasons why I do want to stay with UE are their excellent customer service, and their detachable cables. Was looking into the atrio m5, as those seem to be getting pretty good reviews overall on the board. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Was looking into the atrio m5

i had both a month ago. its like a day and night difference. atrios are WARM and dark with more bass. if you like your mids and highs, stay put and get an amp to just improve the pro's bass (which i did). also, if you like your music bright and clear, theres no point of going that way. if you ask me, for arround the price of the pros, id look into the q-jays but it might just be a sidegrade (might as well get some triple fis).

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by handoverfist77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently own the super.fi 5 pro's. I listen to a lot of hip-hop, hard metal, and jazz. Pretty much everything I guess you could say.

Received a brand new pair of super.fi's from UE b/c my old pair bit the dust. I like the bass response for the 5 pro's, only thing was the fit. I always find myself pushing them in, trying to acheive a tight seal. I even switched the right and left drivers so they fit more flush, as per some instructions on the forums. This helped the fit issue, but I still found myself pushing them in every so often. Is this a common issue???? I was using the smallest tips that come with the set.

Not sure if I should just stick with these, or see what else is out there. This has been my 1st real pair of IEM's, so I don't really have anything to compare to. Reasons why I do want to stay with UE are their excellent customer service, and their detachable cables. Was looking into the atrio m5, as those seem to be getting pretty good reviews overall on the board. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

For your fit issues, you really want to try the Beyer DTX50 tips on the UE SFP5. They allow your ears a bit closer to the driver, and help with comfort and stay in my ears better. Sadly, I dont know if they sell pairs of their tips just as is, but they work very well for this application.

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 10
My Super.fi 5's are a new set of canal's when fit with the JVC FX66 stock foam tips. They are a small size and really go in deep, and sit very comfortably. I rarely notice they're in after a while. If I can get my hands on some extra sets, (which I'm looking for) I'll send you a pair so you can test them.

doug

Edit: I was having the same problems as you mentioned, and that has been alleviated, so try and hold off for a bit.

I think one of these is the replacement foam ear pieces, but no pics so not sure.

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 10
i own the se530 and have owned the triple fi, both are an improvement over the super fi 5 but probly not enough to warrent buying if you already own the super fi 5, take everyone elses advise and tune them up with a nice amp or something

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any UE universal fit product will cause you the same fit issues. If you love the UE sound, but want a better product, there's only one thing to do.... get a UE custom. For your tastes, I would recommend the UE-5c.

what a great recommendation, i had some of those at one time and i tell ya they were one of my very favourites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back