Super.fi 5 pro tip options.
Aug 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dnullify

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello.

So, i've had UE super.fi 5 pros for over a year now, and i absolutely love them.
Sound quality aside, they do have their faults. firstly, their clunky size, and also their seal.

in my right ear, i've never been able to maintain a decent seal. Right now, i have mine set up for opposite ears. To say, i swapped monitors, and cables, and put the right monitor in my left ear, and vice versa.

that has increased the quality of the fit immensely, however i sill can't get the dang right one to stay in!

I have a pair of Shure e5c's which i purchased the fabulous olive foamies for. I must say, they have an excellent seal, and i love them.

I remember reading a post last year about the shure olives being able to squeeze onto the super.fi's. I'm trying that right now, but with no great success.

I went to the UE site, and saw this: http://www.complyfoam.com/Partner/Product/T%7B48%7D500-/Model/Super.Fi-5-Pro

under the accessories page. only thing, is they're $15
when i got a 5-pair pack for $12 last year of the shure olives!

are there any other 3rd party foam products for the super.fi 5 pro?

i really don't want to pay $15 for foamies, but i will if that's the only option (and i can't get the shure one's on).

and, if anyone's tried them, are the above linked washable like the shure olives?

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 3
They are washable but it is better to submerge them in Hydrogen Peroxide for a couple of hours, rinse out with water, and squeeze any excess water out of them. Let them dry for a couple of days. Before the 2 days, when you compress them, they will expand right away. After 2 days, it takes a lot longer for them to expand (same amount of time as new foam tips). The link isn't working. I assume you are referring to the T500's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back