super-fi.4!?
Dec 19, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #77 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't get the proper fit. They sound like seashells.

We suggest trying to hold them closer to the ear and not leaving them in the wind. Sometimes small tornados remain going for hours making seashell-like sounds.

Dec 19, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #78 of 98
I'm trying to make the Coca Cola mod and see if it sounds cooler.

Dec 19, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #79 of 98
Quote:

I'm trying to make the Coca Cola mod and see if it sounds cooler.

Only when iced, but be careful not to shake it, as this blurs the detail.

Dec 19, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #81 of 98
Quote:

We should stop spamming... leave it to the Super.fi 4.

Afraid the tin can will become more popular?

Dec 20, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #83 of 98
Anyways....I know that they both don't have a lot of bass, but does the super.fi 4 have more than the 3? I read all of the reviews everyone said, but I'm very curious, as this would be a major selling point and the end to my buying of IEM's, as I will be satisfied.

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #84 of 98
OK.. I don't have a ton of experience with headphone fidelity (speakers are another story). I've never owned a high end pair of headphones and I'm moving to the 4vi from a modded set of JVC Marshmallows (soldered them onto the stock iPhone headphone cord).

The detail is quite a bit better. I get the "picking up new sounds in familiar recordings" thing often. The bass seems a bit punchier, but there isn't that much more of it. There isn't a *ton* of it at all, to be honest, but it *sounds* great. Very controlled. Unfortunately I can't compare this to the 3 or 5, as I haven't tried either.

The control button is kind of a pain in the ass. The stock iPhone headphones' button is a semi-flexible blob that can be pressed from any direction quite easily. The 4vi button is in a hard plastic socket with the button on one side covered by inflexible rubber. It takes a little getting used to, but after a few days I'm able to double-click to skip songs without accidentally pausing it instead. The rubber covering does start to come out, as others have mentioned, but it's easy to put back in.

Comfort and fit are reasonably good, but I find it a little more difficult to get a good fit with the 4vi than the marshmallow, but I admit this is my first interaction with silicone tips.

Anyway, if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to try to answer them.

Edit: Forgot value rating. For what I paid ($80 with expedited shipping), I find them to be a great value. I tried a friend's set of Bose Triport IE's ($100) and found them disgusting to listen to. Seriously. Awful. For $150 the 4vi's value quotient definitely nose-dives, as you can still get the Super.Fi 5 pro's for $140 at Amazon, and I believe those are generally considered to be vastly superior.

Dec 21, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #85 of 98
yeah i'm waiting hopefully for mcramen to say about the sf3,4, and 5 comparison, the waiting makes me curious
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #87 of 98
bump for curiosity

Dec 27, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #88 of 98
Are there any deals on these left? Lowest I can find, currently, is $100 shipped from soundearphones.com. I suggested them to some friends around the time of my posting here, and ANT no longer carries these (Amazon charges $150, mind you). Any way they can get away with paying less than $100 (and, if not, would these be a good deal for $100? These would be their first IEMs, and their fits high-quality phones)?

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #90 of 98

Quote:
Thanks for the review! Did you ever compare them more officially to your Shure E2C's? Because I have E2C's now and I am considering buying these-they are on sale for $50!

Woah, epic bump, and since you're in Chicago--this doesn't apply to just Chicagoans but I found the deal locally-- the SF4s are $35 at Best Buy. They're actually pretty good for the price. I'll make a review eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back