Super.fi 3 or SE210?
Apr 29, 2007 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Cankin

Headphoneus Supremus
How much improvement will I get from them over EP630? I'm looking for better isolation...

If SE210 is just a bit better than Super.fi 3, I'll get Super.fi 3 since it's 1/2 the price.....

Anyone got both? please comment.

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 10
im using ep630 too and i have ideas same as you.in this forum somebody said to me there are many differences in this two headphones(in the past he using cx300)and super fi.3`s great price performance unit

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 10
To be honest, I think if you are going to be upgrading from the EP630, you should go straight to at least the Shure E3c or E4c in order to hear a worthwhile difference. It's worth paying the extra. :wink:
wink.gif

I went from the

Sony EX71 (Used this for about a year before being a member of head-fi.org, I thought this was the best sounding pair of earphones in my whole life
biggrin.gif
)

Etymotic ER6i (Wow, so detailed but the lack of bass leaves me wanting more. There is bass but I have to listen carefully in order to hear it)

Shure E3c (Rolled off highs, I prefer the ER6i)

Shure E4c (I upgraded to this from the E3c, the best soundstage I've ever heard in an IEM. The stereo imaging is amazing. As good as my ER6i and sounds more natural. The ER6i just seems to exaggerate the high frequencies and transients to an extent that is is ear piercing and fatiguing to listen to. I can see why people like the ER6i though, it is a very detailed pair of IEMs for its price.

Listen to "Royksopp - Triumphant" where you hear the cymbals and you will see what I mean. The Shure E4c controls this harshness very well, it is more pleasing and natural sounding to the ear IMHO)

Shure E500 (Should arrive today, I will post later about my experience with these babies)

What are your listening habits? Do you just need earphones for on the go? Are you very critical when it comes to sound quality?

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm looking for good extention for both ends, deep bass with texture, quantity of bass is not important here, detail mid but not too up front, excellent treble which you will hear even the last note(am I asking for too much?!?)

another reason is that, i wanna try balanced armature driver which people tell me they sound different from dynamic.

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by smsmasters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But doesn't the Shure E500 = SE530?

Yes, but the rest of the line is different. The only e series that stayed the same was the e500. The other SE models are totaly new designs.

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 10
What about the durability of the new Shure IEMs? You can see a lot of complaints about this regarding the "old" Shure phones (cable isolation peeling off, turning green, or whatever). Is this any better with the new ones?

Only asking because I may feel the need to get some better IEMs for longer travelling. If there are the same problems with the new Shure phones, then I wouldn't take them into account when looking for some IEMs.

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for good extention for both ends, deep bass with texture, quantity of bass is not important here, detail mid but not too up front, excellent treble which you will hear even the last note(am I asking for too much?!?)

another reason is that, i wanna try balanced armature driver which people tell me they sound different from dynamic.

That's an ER4P description there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back