Sunrise SW-Xcape, Cable Replacement?
Mar 31, 2011 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tsxser

New Head-Fier
New here, but long time guest lurker!

I received my Sunrise Xcapes probably about 1.5 months ago, and I love them. They've already been through crap, having to re-solder one of the wires in the actual sound units themselves, been through a washer as well. Aside from those things, they still sound amazing. Probably have a good 100+ plus hours into them, Love em'.

I tend to throw them on my iphone and put it in my pocket, and just recently it has lost sound on the right ear. Im assuming this is due to the actual AUX connection because when I play with the wire, the sound comes back in. My question is, is it worth it to replace the wire somehow, or the connection? I love these things and rather not dump money into a brand new set.

All suggestions would be welcome and very helpful, Thanks!

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 3
It's not too difficult to replace the connector if you're willing to do a little bit of soldering.

The last message in this thread provides links (amazon.com) to the parts and tools you'll need to do that.

'Throwing them in your pocket' is one of tougher things to expect an IEM to survive. You'll get MUCH better life out of them if you put them in some sort of case when not in use.

What's worse is to yank hard on the cable while its connected - that's how I broke my DBA-02's. The TRS plug replacement makes them stronger than ever.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Welp I tried fixing it, But it still cuts out, Jesus I dont want to buy new ones already. It had six wires, One Red, Striped Red, Blue, Blue Striped, Copper, and Green Striped. I may just replace the whole wiring. Anyone wanna guide me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back