Sumo time!!!
Jul 10, 2007 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
The summer basho is on in Kyoto. The new yokozuna, Hakuho, is off to a good 2-0 start, but the other, Asashoryu, lost on the first day!! The best online print source I've found for following this is: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/sumo.html

If you've got no local cable coverage (like me :frowning2: ), then the best up to date video is probably cell phone stuff on Youtube.

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Yokozuna is the top rank for a sumo wrestler. Once achieved it is held until retirement. Asashoryu had been the sole yokozuna for some time until Hakuho joined him.

Jul 10, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 7
Ha! I read the title and thought that someone had just scored a James Bongiorno designed amp.
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Sumo wrestling is awesome. I like when it comes on HD. Although, it can be a bit too detailed at times...

Jul 24, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 7
This was a great basho! Asashoryu was one win behind Hakuho and Kotomitsuki for most of the tournament. But Hakuho went through a bad streak and finished with a merely decent record (for a yokozuna) of 11-4. Asashoryu took another yusho. Kotomitsuki did well enough to virtually ensure his promotion to Ozeki (just below yokozuna).

Stay tuned!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back