Suggestions needed with my cMoy BB v. 2.02 and iPhone 5s
Jul 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hsshin0130

New Head-Fier
Hello, fellow head-fiers!

Before I get started with my honest, could-be-dumb questions, please allow me to write down my listening devices.
They are: iPhone 4 & 5S, cMoy BB v. 2.02, FiiO LOD cable, Monoprice 8320, Klipsch R6, HiFiman RE0, Monster Turbine, and Shure SE525. 

I have recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to 5S, and the 4 was my primary device for listening. And I have a few questions regarding the correct use of the portable amp.

Question 1:
What's the exact difference between using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and 3.5mm to 30(8)-pin cable through the amp to my phone? 
Are there specific differences in sound quality?
I have to admit though, when I used the 3.5 mm to 3.5mm cable, there was a hissing sound of some sort and hence why I had switched over to the 3.5mm to 30-pin cable.

Question 2:
I just read someone's post regarding the similar situation and I didn't know I had to use a usb cable in order for the amp to surpass through iPhone's DAC.
All this time I thought my 3.5mm to 30-pin cable was doing the job but I was wrong. If so, would I need to buy a usb to 3.5mm cable to connect to the amp?
OR is it impossible for me to ignore iPhone's DAC because my cMoy isn't a DAC/amp but just an amp?

Question 3:
So if I were to set it up again for my new iphone 5s, is it
iPhone 5s -> Apple 8-pin to camera adapter, adapter -> usb to 3.5mm -> 3.5mm to input on the amp?

Thank you for reading and please help me out with my questions because I know you guys are awesome!
I hope my English was readable though (I'm a native Korean who lives in Seoul)! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back