Suggestions for Replacement
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

digitalpure

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sony MDR-XB700 units that after 4yrs of heavy rotation are finally starting to crackle so it is time to get something new.   My needs and budget are not high.  I am a geek so I spend 12-14hrs a day at my computer.  I have a SB1240 DAC unit connected (optical in from my motherboard) and the headphones plug into this.  I know that some of the heavier driving headphones need the DAC to truly power the units.

Anyway, I am looking for something similar to the XB700 or XB1000 but would like to keep the price under $150.00 if I can.   I found some sites selling the XB1000 for nearly $500.00 and Amazon has them for $250.00.  I paid only $60.00 for my XB700 units as the Sony store said they did not move off the shelves and were getting rid of them.  

I am very open to suggestions.  I prefer an over the ear style.  I do not travel with them much if at all.  I have some very nice in-ear when working out or traveling.  I tend to listen to music 90% of the time.  It is Dubstep, Metal, and Classical usually (I know odd combo).

So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back