Suggestions for IEM under $100 (for electronic music)
Sep 25, 2011 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sunnydd

New Head-Fier
Hi

I need to get some advice on IEMs for under $100.

I usually listen to electronic music (AVB, ATB, Tiesto, A&B, etc) on my Sony NWZ S716. This model has been out of production for a couple of ears now. Don't know why but Sony seems to discontinue their best sounding players (they did the same to NWZ S706). It has built in active noise cancelling and the bundled earphones (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdrnc22-Noise-Canceling-Headphone/dp/B000MPNUE6/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316973442&sr=1-9) alone cost about the same as the player. I have used these earphones for more than 3 years now and I can "feel" that they are going to die on me soon.

I am in the market for a new earphones. My budget is around $50-$100. Punchy and bright bass are the top priority. The Sony player comes with nice EQ settings to tweak the sound as per my requirement. I am usually on the move so need the earphones to be durable. For running/gym, I would hook the earphones to my Clip+.

I owned Klipsch Image S4 for a week but was not impressed by them. The hype and ratings are not justified IMO. I have also owned some over the ear headphones but always found them to be lacking bass (because of a poor seal).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Sunny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back