suggestions about sound card
Oct 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Mac user? This complicates things a lot.

Do you do your gaming in Windows, or OS X? Can't help you with the latter, but for the former, you might want to consider the Asus Xonar U3. Not much in terms of EAX support for older games, but the same applies to all of Creative's external offerings (they do it in software at best), and I highly doubt you're running a Mac Pro to permit PCIe card usage.

There are higher-quality options floating about, I'm sure, but they also cost a lot more than $40 and won't offer Dolby Headphone in games if you need it.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 4
i'm not consider the dolby right now, I just can't stand the noise in the laptop phone-out port and seek for better sound quality listening music.
ps,I'm playing on mac and the budget is $100

Thank a lot!

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 4
Perhaps sell the mac and buy a real computer if you are playing games? I'm not poking fun at macs but they are more for lookin cool in college and the apple bling factor. If you are serious about gaming with quality sound and high end audio for music, a non-apple system is the way to go. Your choices are extremely limited when trying to upgrade macs and the prices are usually double of what the equivelent component would cost in a regular pc. The only decent choice I'd say is to get an outboard usb dac/amp for your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back