Suggested replacement cable for JH16s
Sep 23, 2011 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

aslives

New Head-Fier
Have my JH16s on order - replacing a lost pair of UE10s.  I was thinking of going for the Silver Dragon IEM cable but can't find so much about them.  Anyone like them more than the standard cable?  Any other suggestions within the 100-$300 range?

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 11
Take a look at Double Helix Cable. looks pretty good. bt a little bit more expensive than Silver Dragon

Quote:
Have my JH16s on order - replacing a lost pair of UE10s.  I was thinking of going for the Silver Dragon IEM cable but can't find so much about them.  Anyone like them more than the standard cable?  Any other suggestions within the 100-$300 range?

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
Take a look at Double Helix Cable. looks pretty good. bt a little bit more expensive than Silver Dragon

X2, the double helix stuff is great for both iems and headphones

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #5 of 11
I have heard silver sounds more aggresive (not in a bad way). and copper sounds warmer, smoother.

I don't know whether we can get options for JH cables. Don't they only do copper for JH/UE/Westone cables?

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
I have heard silver sounds more aggresive (not in a bad way). and copper sounds warmer, smoother.

I don't know whether we can get options for JH cables. Don't they only do copper for JH/UE/Westone cables?

That is generally true, with copper tending to do better with "brighter" headphones like the he-6 while silver working better with things like the lcd2 and possibly your jh 16. You may also want to consider a silver/copper hybrid cable like the apuresound or the alo salty pepper.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 11
I will be posting reviews of the Chris_Himself and Silver Dragon cables within around 2 weeks here as well as updating the performance of the TWag with the JH16. I do think the JH16 benefits from the Chris_Himself cable, but haven't tested the others.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #8 of 11
I have the TWAG cable, but I only got it because of the discount when he first offered it. I am not a believer of cable science, but look and construction wise the cable is top notch. The stock cable has turned all green, but the TWAG still remains shiny. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #11 of 11
Personally I would go for a good quality silver cable with a oyaide plug for the JH16.

Good silver cables are definitely not bright! They provide much better resolution with a high degree of finese. Delicate nuances are transmitted. Also dynamics are incredible. With much higher resolution, soundstaging and images is much much better. 

For me, the downside of silver cables is perhaps its bass, not sounding rich enough. However, with the reputation of the JH16 's bass, the two should balance itself out tonally. I will be in the market for a pair of JH16 and 13s in the next couple of months and will be very interested to what you decide and why?

I have a silver cable, copper/silver hybrid, copper all excellent quality ones. I am also awaiting a silver/gold hybrid arriving March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back