Suddenly Comply T-400s are rated for the UE Triple-Fi's. (Confirmation: They have been tested!).
Feb 28, 2008 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
I put in an order for the Comply T-400s a few weeks ago and then cancelled when I realised my mistake. According to the Comply site, they were listed only for the Metro-Fi 2 (dynamic driver) and the Super-Fi Extended Bass (sub-woofer IEM). Since the T-400s are also intended for the V-Moda Vibes - and Vibe Tips don't create a seal with the Triple-Fi's (I've tried) - obviously Comply were admitting that they wouldn't seal with the Triple-Fi's and other UEs.

Right?

So today I go to the site and they now offer tips for all the UEs including the Triple-Fis. New tips? Nope, same T-400s used on the Vibes, Metro-Fi 2s etc.

I have a theory that my cancellation of my order (with detailed explanantion) might have gotten customer service looking at the situation. Maybe. The question still is: will they fully seal? It would be a strange coincidence that they were previously only listed for the two oddball UEs but actually they are perfect for all.

I have an email into Comply customer service inquiring on this and asking for confirmation that they have been properly tested for seal. I would love to try Comply's. If I get an interesting reply, I'll post back.

Feb 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 43
And just like that I get an answer:

Hello Paul,

Shari forwarded me your email question about our T-400 foam tips.

Previously when you placed your order, we had not officially approved the Triple.Fi 10 for compatibility with our T-400 series tips.

Since then, we have tested and approved our T-400 foam tips for use with all UE earphones, except the Super.Fi 4.

We have an extensive list of earphones scheduled to be tested in the next few months, and we always try to keep up with consumer requests.

Thank you again for you business.

Very very cool. Wel I'm placing an order.

I have to say: Comply have great customer service, first accepting my cancellation from an online order and now this quick quality reply.

Feb 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 43
I just received the comply foams for the triple.fi and I am completely happy with them. I also tried the Shure olives, but as they are a little 'squeezed' after the modding, I wasn't happy about the fit.
On the other hand, the comply foams produce a great seal and especially improve the base!

Btw. I'm just listening with the triple.fi comply combo while writing...
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boessele /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received the comply foams for the triple.fi and I am completely happy with them. ... the comply foams produce a great seal and especially improve the base!

Great to hear, Boessele! I just ordered a box of 10.

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 43
Are the T-400 tips available in different sizes? Or is "standard" the only size you can get?

I ask because when I ordered my shure black olives, I ordered the medium size. When I got my shipment, there was 1 "small" mixed in with rest. The small fits perfect - the mediums are a little too big - makes my ears hurt after a while.

-Clay

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 43
Thanks for the update! I guess they will fit the SFi5 Pro too?

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #8 of 43
I'll trade someone a pair of Shure Black Olives (modified to fit the triple.fi's) for a pair of the T-400s....PM me if you are interested.

Feb 29, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyyam85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good news. but can anyone comment on their fit and comfort?

It will probably take a couple weeks for my tips to arrive in China by USPS fisrt class mail. But I will report back.

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 43
CloseupofcomfytipsonTripleFi01.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone got pics of the TF10 with complys on etc?

The color is not white but gray. The flash I used washed out the gray.

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyyam85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good news. but can anyone comment on their fit and comfort?

I have the T-400's on my SF5pro's and absolutely love them. I use the flip mod and the tips provide a good seal and don't produce the intense presssure that the UE stock foams did. The 400's stay secure, even with all the sweat while at the gym. Customer Service has been terrific as well. Can't see how you could go wrong with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back