Aug 26, 2004 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

davidmiya

500+ Head-Fier
Is this the successor to the R10?

010.jpg

You apparently can buy it in EIFL... for $2900

http://www.eifl.co.jp/index/export/sony/q010-mdr1.html

Aug 26, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 28
I wouldnt say that that is the replacement for the R10.That is the Qualia range of products from Sony,a uber premium range where products cos a heck load of money.Something like B&O, they have a minidisc player that comes with a special verison of the EX71(Sorry if i got the model wrong),but u get the idea.The headphones are carved out of solid brass and Aluminium.

A little excepert about this headphones

Quote:

The 010 headphones are super-light with earpads made of natural sheepskin, and produced using a carbon fibre frame. Sony says it's the company's only pair that allows you to truly appreciate high quality super audio CD’s.

Taken from netcomposites.com

Aug 26, 2004 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Something like B&O and B&W

*cough* don't put B&W on the level of B&O. it's like comparing an r10 against Bose headphones
frown.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:43 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by noir
*cough* don't put B&W on the level of B&O. it's like comparing an r10 against Bose headphones
frown.gif

What's your point? Both are overpriced
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

There's some thread about this headphone already. Try to use the search buttonp

I see like 15 threads on the first page about Sennheiser 650s... wheres your post about using search on those~ Each headphone isn't limited to one thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #7 of 28
both are overpriced, but at least one of em sounds well.

now dont ask me which one
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by noir
both are overpriced, but at least one of em sounds well.

now dont ask me which one
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dera noir,

explain to me how can you do to judge these two headphones you have never heard? (I think). Nobody have still heard the Qualia 010. So overpriced respect what ???

Best!
Nicola

Aug 26, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Dera noir,

explain to me how can you do to judge these two headphones you have never heard? (I think). Nobody have still heard the Qualia 010. So overpriced respect what ???

Best!
Nicola

Nik, he is refering to B&W and B&O speakers. :p

Biggie.

Aug 26, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 28
SORRY!

Best!
Nicola

Aug 26, 2004 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 28
I went to the Qualia store a few days ago. The representative said it was replacement for R10. I don't really like R10 but do like 010 in it's sonic presentation and comfort. As for it's absolute quality I can't say because they had it hooked up to their top end SACD player's jack and it was too brief an audition.

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Nobody have still heard the Qualia 010.

I heard it (although a preproduction model), and so did stuartr, scrypt, and lan at least from what I have seen at this forum.

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I heard it (although a preproduction model), and so did stuartr, scrypt, and lan at least from what I have seen at this forum.

Man, when I say "hear one headphones" I think someone who can describe how that object sound, and nobody have told nothing about Qualia's performance, if I remember well you was in the Sony palace with your grandmother ...

So there are no one in this forum able to decribe the sound of the new Qualia for what I know, if not, I'm very interested in knowing more about the new Sony headphone !

Best!
Nicola

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 28
if I lived anywhere near a QUALIA store I would be there daily getting to know the headphone better.
tongue.gif
but you are right that I didn't get much experience with it, and it was also a preproduction model so I didn't bother really getting a feel for it since I didn't know what changes there would be when they went to the production model and I would rather listen to that one in detail.

I would most likely have one already if I were in japan still, but I didn't have a long stay in japan this summer so their release date didn't fit in with my schedule and so I'll have to see if I can get one over the winter break. hopefully someone will get a pair before I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back