Sub 300 dollar earphones
Apr 5, 2011 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cpark92808

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am very new to this audiophile community. I wanted to get a sub 300 dollar earphones for my graduation gift. I already have Senn Hd280, but they aren't very portable. So I am looking for earphones around 300 dollar range. Any advice? Thanks guys

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 12
Shure SE315.

Buy them from electronics-expo and I think you can get them for ~150USD.

Use one of these codes at checkout for a 40% discount (if one doesn't work, try the next one.  quite a few of them work).

LSDA0314
TECHBARGAINS
LSDA0112
LSDA0224

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 12
What exactly are you looking for.

Can you give us some more details about your likes and dislikes

Dynamic vs BA? 
What music you listen to, what is your priority? isolation, comfort, sound signature, etc...

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 12
Since you got $300 to spare, why not get Monster Turbine Copper ($224) or Monster Miles Davis Tribute ($299) from Amazon now. Excellent comfort, isolation, and great sound quality with lifetime warranty.

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Since you got $300 to spare, why not get Monster Turbine Copper ($224) or Monster Miles Davis Tribute ($299) from Amazon now. Excellent comfort, isolation, and great sound quality with lifetime warranty.

If you decide you want the Monster Miles Davis Tribute, I think a head-fier is selling them in the FS forum.

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
I heard of triple fi? how does triple fi match up with monster turbine copper or monster miles davis?

Triplefis are known for its extended high and considered one of the top tier IEMs. But build quality is lacking and you may have fit issue with it. Not to mention it may look a bit ghastly depending on your taste.

There are other factors as well to consider when you are about to purchase a high-end IEM such as comfort, fit, accessories, isolation, and packaging. If you don't plan to buy multiple IEMs I suggest you find an IEM that is a general all-rounder. That is why I recommend the Copper and Miles Davis. Two other options you can consider as well are Sennheiser IE7 ($180+) and Klipsch X10i($300). All can be purchased from Amazon. I own MD, x10i, and DDM and can say that MD and X10i are two of the easiest IEMs to live with daily.

Apr 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 12
Dang there are so many choices that it is so hard to choose. I listen to a lot of rap music. And I love big sound stages. Is that more specific enough to reduce the number of earphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back