Sub $100 over ear headphone recommendation?
May 9, 2017 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

thegoldengod

New Head-Fier
Hi all! This is my first post on the forum.

I have a pair of Beats Solo 2. I'm not an audiophile (I am a musician), and I do like their sound quality - but they're uncomfortable and I prefer over-ear instead of on-ear.

I've had my eye on some closed headphones (that I hope to have some passive noise isolation. I will be using them mostly at home, maybe a bit for travel, and mixing. For reference, my favorite pair of headphones were the Audio Technica ANC7B, and I have M-Audio AV40 speakers I listen to music on.

HD 201 I hear they are quiet....

Panasonic DJ Stereo HTF600S... The retro monitor headphones are also enticing.

Monoprice 108323 These seem to have a cult following

Audio Technica M40x I would get the m50xif I could make the jump to 100+. However, the AT200s look interesting as well

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 2
Of those you list, my preference is for the M40X. Very solid. If you can stretch just a bit, I would highly recommend the SoundMAGIC HP150 ($129.99 on amazon). It probably bests everything on your list, including the very good M40X. You might read about it and see what you think. It could work for you.
Lastly is the Kingston Hyper X Cloud II, which is a terrific value for the dollar. Very nice. You might check it out and see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back