Sub $100 IEM - suggestions and questions.
Jan 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

aleex

100+ Head-Fier
I’m used to bassy and fun(N3i, DT990), but I wouldn’t mind trying something new(neutral, accurate, etc, like the RE0). Someone would have to talk me over though. 

Source will be Sansa Fuze. I will be using these while walking to school and in school, so I need them to be practical: quick insertion/removal, easy to use on-the-go so preferably worn straight-down. Not sure about that part - how unpractical is over-the-ear, would it be suitable for my use? Also, my 3 last IEMs have broken in a matter of months, so they must be durable and suited for my use(and I have to take care, lol).  

Also, I had some trouble with my last pair, the Xears N3i. Would have a great fit in one ear, but not the other. Tried different tips, didn't quite work it out before they broke. Didn't really have this problem with Denon CH-360, which had small, tilted nozzles. Neither did I with the CX300-II. 

I've looked at quite a few, and I'll probably be able to comment most of your suggestions with questions and worries. As you can deduce from above, my two major concerns are sound signature and practicality(also durability). Regarding sound sig, I'm just unsure what I want - fun and bassy or accurate/neutral(e.g Eterna vs RE0). 

Must be available in a store with worldwide shipping or from within Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back