Stylish Headphones Under 300
Dec 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

LoudAndProud

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new to the forum and high end headphones in general. I want headphones that have decent sound quality and look good. I know this will sound noobish but looks is big. I tend to like bass. I listen to many different genres of music and watch a lot of movies and videos. I would like to stay under 300 and have them be available at Best Buy so I can test them before buying. I'm open to on ear of over ear, not in ear. I apologize if this isn't posted in the right section. I appreciate any responses. Thank you

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 44
V-Moda M100.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 44
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-L1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B006RUIWC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355705725&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+fidelio+x1

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 44
The V-Moda m100 is intriguing, but not available at Best Buy, and I can get a discount at best buy. I can't see myself wearing those philips headphones in public, definitely not my taste of style. Thank you both for replying though.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 44
Go for some good brands in Best Buy. The ones I know of are Sennheiser, B&W, AKG, Logitech/UE, Audio Technica etc. The other brands are all fashion accessories. Unfortunately I don't know what headphones Best Buy sells.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 44
US and I was looking at the Monster Inspirations. They seem to be still a fashion accesory like Beats, but they seem to be made of some quality. Does anyone have any experience with them? I heard one guy say they were extremely painful but a lot of people who say they are comfortable.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 44
If you are going for the swag approach, V-Moda or Ultrasone (bling bling?). If you are looking for the casual look, go for something plain and mobile.  The Sennheiser HD-25 does not look super attractive, but it does not destroy your overall look. Avoid big, flashy or overly contrasting, and make sure to look relaxed and confident.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 44
I've tried them on at Future Shop (Canadian Store.) The comfort was ok but I feel there's way better options in terms of comfort and sound quality for $300.

Yeah, but I am not looking for the best bang for my buck, I'm kinda more looking into something mainstream that sacrifices some sound quality for looks. Thank you for your help though

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #12 of 44
I know all of you always recommend all the great value headphones, but out of mainstream headphones, i.e monster, beats, sol, soul, skullcandy...etc, what is the best bang for your buck "rip off"

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:
I know all of you always recommend all the great value headphones, but out of mainstream headphones, i.e monster, beats, sol, soul, skullcandy...etc, what is the best bang for your buck "rip off"

Skullcandy MixMaster Mike. Supposedly pretty good, since the new designer came in
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back