Stumped: Pimeta Noise
May 26, 2007 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mminutel

500+ Head-Fier
I am recasing my pimeta and giving it a blue velvet pot, but I have ran into a problem. There is a hiss in the headphones. When I turn the board over, it almost completely goes away, and it only seems to exist in the mid range of the pot. I have the pot grounded and all offsets are within range. Anyone have any ideas? I have been troubleshooting for a couple of hours now, and I am completely stumped.

May 26, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Check your soldering joints. That's usually a good source for these problems.

May 26, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Sorry that I did not post sooner. The problem was figured out after a couple more hours of tinkering. Thanks.

May 26, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 5
It could be useful to other Pimeta builders if you detailed what the problem and resolution was. Otherwise it feels like the thread did not come to a full conclusion.

May 26, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I jumpered the -- pads and used a switch on the "+" rail. I had it hooked up by a switch before, so there were just two wires coming out of the -- holes which I simply twisted together for testing purposes. Well, one time when I flipped the switch to the "on" position, the LED didn't come on and the amp didn't either. Needless to say, I discovered that the two wires were just not connecting good enough even for testing purposes. After I soldered a jumper lead to the two points, it was fine. I wouldn't have expected that to be the problem and it may be that it wasn't, but it is not longer full of static.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back