STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Jul 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #542 of 559
Removed

Oct 21, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #543 of 559
Has there been any firmware updates lately, for the Studio or the Pro2 maybe?

My STUDIO has 5.41 and the Pro2 has 5.42. With the Pro2 I still have these immensly annoying freezing issues. If anybody knows how to solve these or if anybody has a newer FW version, be kind and post it here.

Gonna be eternaly thankful :wink:

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #544 of 559
Me too.  I wasn't able to find any on the HiSound site.

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #546 of 559

Quote:
Try to e-mail hisound for new Pro2 FW.

Can you please, please post it?
I emailed Hisound a few times. Hisound did not email me Pro2 firmware, although it said it will.  Other members also had difficulty to obtain firmware from Hisound. Do you have any idea why Hisound hides its firmware? Because the firmware is for China only? Has Hisound given up foreign markets? Why does a company not want to help its own customers? It is very troublesome to me.

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #547 of 559
I tried to get in contact with them and did not receive an answer so far. Their communication/information policy is a joke. I am starting to believe that their products follow just that, since i did not own one flawless product out of 3.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #548 of 559

Quote:
Can you please, please post it?
I emailed Hisound a few times. Hisound did not email me Pro2 firmware, although it said it will.  Other members also had difficulty to obtain firmware from Hisound. Do you have any idea why Hisound hides its firmware? Because the firmware is for China only? Has Hisound given up foreign markets? Why does a company not want to help its own customers? It is very troublesome to me.

@david1978jp
I thought u have the firmware already, cause see u at erji forum or that not u?

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #549 of 559

Quote:

@david1978jp
I thought u have the firmware already, cause see u at erji forum or that not u?

saykong,
I can read some Chinese (not write well), and I read erji forum from time to time; I saw your name there. Is there another david1978jp over there? I emailed Hisound in English, maybe that's the problem? Anyway, if you have contact with Hisound, it's a good idea for them to have all the firmwares at their website. Studio is new and somewhat temperamental, firmwares are much needed; I though they stopped making AMP3, a new firmware is always welcomed. By the way, I got a 30 ohm adapter, it sounds better than 75 ohm adapter; 30 ohm adapter has more airy sound, but only reduce some machine noise.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #550 of 559

Quote:
saykong,
I can read some Chinese (not write well), and I read erji forum from time to time; I saw your name there. Is there another david1978jp over there? I emailed Hisound in English, maybe that's the problem? Anyway, if you have contact with Hisound, it's a good idea for them to have all the firmwares at their website. Studio is new and somewhat temperamental, firmwares are much needed; I though they stopped making AMP3, a new firmware is always welcomed. By the way, I got a 30 ohm adapter, it sounds better than 75 ohm adapter; 30 ohm adapter has more airy sound, but only reduce some machine noise.

Sorry, my mistake, just check erji forum, I thought david8866 ID is you.

The firmware I receive from Hisound is at june, so this is the version I have( after install the version still is 5.42.).

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #551 of 559
All of the latest correspondence about the Studio/Studio1 is from last November, I notice. Did enthusiasm just die down? And what about Craig from Whiplash. Isn't he available to give you some support. It seems with Chinese products the support service is more than likely poor. Am I wrong?
c

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #552 of 559
I received my STUDIO in late May, 2010.  It was a worthwhile piece of portable listening gear then, and it remains so today - I use it on an everyday basis to do high quality listening at work with VERY low transport/setup/takedown distraction.  I've purchased each of the following Brainwavz models to use with it, and I like them all very much with the STUDIO: Alpha, M2, M3.  An M1 is on the way from Amazon as I type this.  And, I recently purchased a 32GB microsdhc card for it as an upgrade from the 16GB microsdhc card I had been using.  I'm currently filling up the 32GB card, and I haven't yet gotten to where I've actually managed to store more than 16GB on it yet.  However, I previously had bought a 32GB microsdhc card for my Nationite S:Flo2, filled it to within 90% of its capacity, and inserted it into the STUDIO - and the STUDIO read it, and enabled me to play see and play everything on it.  So, I bought the STUDIO its own 32GB card, and am currently filling it up with audio yumminess (almost exclusively flac files encoded from wav files, except for some .mp3 files that are offered by music artists on their websites or that I purchase).

I've read with great interest the posts mentioning a new STUDIO for about $550 US.  When they actually come out, I'll very likely purchase one fairly early.  When it comes to really fine quality music listening with minimal overhead transport/setup/takedown and desktop footprint, the STUDIO is my go-to music listening solution.  Where I can take a little more transport/setup/takedown overhead, and a larger footprint and higher vertical profile, I reach for the Nationite S:Flo2 paired with either a RSA SR71A Blackbird or a RSA P-51 Mustang via a TWAG mini-to-mini IC.  So, when the new STUDIO comes out, I'm pretty sure that I'll plunk down the price of admission so as to raise the quality bar on my current lowest-overhead portable listening solution.  When I was in the hospital for about a week last May, I REALLY appreciated the quality and ease-of-use of the AMP3-Pro.1 paired with my HF-2 phones (including that the one charge that was on the AMP3 when my family brought it to me lasted my entire stay).  During this time away from home (in which music listening featured prominently), I didn't miss my home rigs at all, not even once.  And the STUDIO takes the music listening quality up a good notch or two from the AMP3-Pro.1.  So, a new STUDIO to raise that bar up another notch?  Yeah, I'll be in for some of that.

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #553 of 559
Is anyone out there at the moment? I am still waiting for new firmware for the Studio. After working fine for a couple of months I can no longer read the SD card. I have tried reseting it several times but this makes no difference.
I have tried talking to Hisoundaudio but they are not very responsive. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #554 of 559
If you don't need it, take it out.  I had intermittent problems with the Studio that seemed to have gone away when not using or having a SD card in the player.  The problems included skipping over the first second of the track, inability to load more than 50% of the internal memory, and just general goofiness.  In the three months or so since removing the card, the player has worked wonderfully. 

FWIW, I still like this player, despite it's limitations, especially the short battery life.

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #555 of 559
Hi
I have now got a copy of the firmware from Jack Fu (how could I ever of doubted him?) and after installing it the player reads my card again. I also tried moving and adding files and the card again was read successfully.If anyone would like a copy then contact me privately and I will send it to them.
I also like the player as it it better than any other player I have heard. Not that I've heard a lot. It seems to work very well with my SE530s (no hiss with the attenuater) and sounds REALLY good with a pair of grado MS1s (Shame the build and cable is so cheap looking). If there is a better sounding player out there which doesn't cost the earth (eg Hifiman) then I would love to know. I also got a free Roccoo with my Studio and I use this when I don't want the weight eg jogging or on the bike, and really find it to be a good listen as well, though not as nice as the Studio.
One last thing, does yours have a short battery life? Although I havn't really measured mine it seems to last a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back