Streaming platforms: Connect with "musical taste soulmates"

Would you be interested in such a feature, provided you had a subscription, &Spotify were lossless;)

• No, I would not be interested (you may want to comment below on why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eulenfalter

New Head-Fier
Streaming platforms such as Spotify have intricate algorithms that help them suggest new music to users that they will likely like (Discover Weekly for example). With 200,000,000 million paid subscribers plus free users, it is a very interesting thought to connect with those handful of people that have an eerily similar taste in music as you have. And Spotify knows who they are (for the most part). There's a feature idea on Spotify that was closed because it did not reach enough votes, but that's just because their voting system is not particular well thought-through. There used to be fast.fm, I never used it, but to my knowledge Spotify has more knowledge / better statistical data / more active users.

I was wondering if users here find that idea intriguing (being given a list of e.g. 12 people who have the most similar taste of all 200 million.)

I'm adding a poll on this as I personally find it very interesting.

Ref.:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Discover-Find-users-with-similar-taste/idi-p/4838557

May 30, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 2
FYI, I have been using both last.fm (connected to Spotify) (go to "neighbors", and tastebuds. Whilst it is possible to find people with similar taste there, things are not well optimized. Spotify would be able to do a much better job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back