Streamers vs PC, make PC a better source?
Feb 22, 2021 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

honeyjjack

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. with my recent purchase of the hegel h90, ive noticed the built in streamer sound much much better than usb connection to my PC. I had always thought wired was always the better(sonically) than wireless in any application. I am guessing having a dedicated operating system and hardware really impacts the sound.

Now, my main system are not my speakers. It is my Abyss TC with XI formula s/powerman and sagra dac. This is also connected to my pc via usb. Now im wondering what i can do to further improve my hp system. Im guessing a dedicated streamer will be the best in pure sq, but I still prefer my headphones to be connected to my pc as i use them for YouTube, movies, zoom classes(yes they make fun of me with my headphones) and games.

With this in mind, what would be the next logical step trying to improve the connection between my source(PC)and dac? Different input like l2s or toslink? products like Ifi Igalvanic or iusb3? rebuild my pc with sq in mind?

Any input will be really helpful.

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 2
General consensus seems to be I2S by way of a dedicated reclocker / isolator / bridge like a Singxer SU-2 / SU-6 or Gustard U16.

To be clear I don't own or have experience with any of these , though I'm considering adding one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back