Streamer + CD Ripper
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ABuilder

Head-Fier
I've been thinking of getting a streamer for a while and finally have a reason to just go for one. I mostly stream music now, but my father in law is downsizing offered up his CD collection. I like a lot of his music, and it is a big collection, so I want it but don't want to store the physical CDs. I was thinking now might be the time to go for Roon or something similar and rip all his CDs and stream everything. Figured the CDs are still a high standard for sound quality and are probably better than a lot of what I steam if they are ripped right. I'm not sure the best way to go about it though.

Current Path is MacBook Pro > Audioquest Forrest USB C > Chord Hugo TT2

Am I best off with something like a Innuos ZENmini Mk3 that is a streamer/ripper or should I just get an external CD drive and save everything on my laptop of desktop with a good software platform for ripping and a more basic streamer. I know there are different quality CD drives, but I don't really know what to look for.

What do you recommend?

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 2
For streamers the WiiM Pro is a excellent value at $149.00. Tidal, Amazon music and Qoubus all stream at minimum CD quality or above.

I sold my cd collection and now using a music service is much more convenient. My advice is to get a music streamer. After using it you might not even feel the need to use CD’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back