Stop using DHL, ibasso!
Oct 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #61 of 93
Yeah, I finally got mine this morning. It was a real fast shipping and service for DHL indeed.

The problem is that ibasso seems to rely on a third party for dealing with handling and that was the delaying point, no fault at all from DHL imho.

I'm very happy with the device on those few hours using it. Yeah, the extras are kinda cheap but i only care on the big dude
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #62 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I finally got mine this morning. It was a real fast shipping and service for DHL indeed.

The problem is that ibasso seems to rely on a third party for dealing with handling and that was the delaying point, no fault at all from DHL imho.

Yeah that sounds probable.

Quote:

I'm very happy with the device on those few hours using it. Yeah, the extras are kinda cheap but i only care on the big dude
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here... for now
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #63 of 93
I ordered a P3+, and when it arrived the cardboard box was all messed up. Now one of the sockets is loose and I have to pay to ship it to iBasso to be repaired, even though it might happen again on the way back...

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #64 of 93
i'm interesting in getting a D10...don't know if i should be prepared for shipping problems (have not had one good experience with DHL ever)

...who delivers US-bound ibasso shipments these days? i'm not sure when DHL will stop (or already stopped?) operating in the US

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #65 of 93
i actually had really excellent service from DHL. my D10 took only about 1 day to get here, which is the fastest service i ever got from any shipping carrier. and their tracking is updated frequently. perhaps it was that particular driver in your area. maybe he's new?

Oct 17, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #66 of 93
I hope so. It might just be the headphone socket itself, because it's a little loose, so added to the fact that my 1/4" to 1/8" adapter has a longer black ring (shorter middle gold bit) the signal can cut out temporarily as the socket loses contact with that channel making it cut out or crackle.

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #67 of 93
Thought I'd add my experience:

I ordered a D2+ Boa on Friday the 16th of October. It shipped on Tuesday the 20th of October via EMS - the Chinese post service's shipping division - and not via DHL. The tracking number they give you initially works for EMS's website only, then once it leaves China it begins to work on the US Postal Service website. It took about a day and a half for either site to recognize the shipping number as valid, which I wasn't surprised about given other folks' experiences, so who knows when it actually left iBasso - could have been Wednesday the 21st.

It got here, according to the USPS website, on Friday, spent all day in customs in San Francisco (I'm in the L.A. area), and was cleared from customs to be "Inbound Out of Customs" (whatever that means, assumingly just that it's gotten approval and left the customs area) on Saturday the 24th, or yesterday. Since USPS does not, to my knowledge, deliver packages on Sunday just as they don't deliver mail, I will have to wait until either tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday to get it, depending. Hopefully that's the case, anyway.

Just wanted to give people a heads up that they seem to have listened to customer feedback re: DHL for U.S. customers, at least, and no longer appear to be using them but just regular postal service methods. They seem to be getting their orders out quicker than was reported by some U.S. customers when they used DHL, but by and large both the Chinese and U.S. postal services also appear to be slower than DHL was in terms of actually getting the amp/DAC to your doorstep.

Still anxiously waiting...
eek.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #68 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by internethandle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought I'd add my experience:

I ordered a D2+ Boa on Friday the 16th of October. It shipped on Tuesday the 20th of October via EMS - the Chinese post service's shipping division - and not via DHL. The tracking number they give you initially works for EMS's website only, then once it leaves China it begins to work on the US Postal Service website. It took about a day and a half for either site to recognize the shipping number as valid, which I wasn't surprised about given other folks' experiences, so who knows when it actually left iBasso - could have been Wednesday the 21st.

It got here, according to the USPS website, on Friday, spent all day in customs in San Francisco (I'm in the L.A. area), and was cleared from customs to be "Inbound Out of Customs" (whatever that means, assumingly just that it's gotten approval and left the customs area) on Saturday the 24th, or yesterday. Since USPS does not, to my knowledge, deliver packages on Sunday just as they don't deliver mail, I will have to wait until either tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday to get it, depending. Hopefully that's the case, anyway.

Just wanted to give people a heads up that they seem to have listened to customer feedback re: DHL for U.S. customers, at least, and no longer appear to be using them but just regular postal service methods. They seem to be getting their orders out quicker than was reported by some U.S. customers when they used DHL, but by and large both the Chinese and U.S. postal services also appear to be slower than DHL was in terms of actually getting the amp/DAC to your doorstep.

Still anxiously waiting...
eek.gif

Thanks for the update. Good and bad news, but sounds like mostly good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #71 of 93
cross fingers. I just ordered the D10 earlier today and I'm in Australia. I haven't gotten the email saying that it has been shipped, but fingers crossed, I'll get it soon. iBasso said that it would take 3 - 5 days.

Oct 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #72 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudshark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got an email notice from iBasso that my D10 Cobra shipped to the USA today ... via UPS!

Gotta say I probably would have preferred UPS... guess they're trying out different methods.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #73 of 93
try importing something to the UK from the US using any form of large corporate courier... they just randomly hold things in customs for weeks, and then possibly, if Parcel Force can be arsed (as they just hand everything over to them on entry to the country for even more ££££ charges), do they phone you up out of the blue, to tell you that they have been holding the item for a month, and are about to return it to the sender because they have been unable to deliver/its awaiting charges you did not even know about!

Oct 31, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #74 of 93
No problem with DHL here in California, at least where I live. Fast and efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back