sticky: SA3000, AD900, SR-001
May 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

carloskleiber

100+ Head-Fier
My budget is fixed. $240, that's all I have. I don't want to steal or rob
biggrin.gif

so, I listed these 3 because I mean to use them unamped. with this money i can buy a dt990 for sure, but before I can get an amp, i'll have to listen to CRAP for a long time. I'm actually curious about the stax sr-001 mk2 shoud. they are electrostatic after all.
confused.gif
i've stayed up till 2 last night trying to decide, still can't.

or something a little harder to drive? i have a good chance of getting a LD2++ for free this summer. no senns please.

May 6, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 12
I haven't actually used one, but i think ur C&C box should be able to adequately power most headphones.

I remember reading about it a while ago, and people were saying that it could respectfully power more hungry phones.

May 6, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 12
You might want to do a bit more research if you mean to use the SR-001 unamped. The amp is necessary and is included BTW.

May 6, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 12
Well, I have no idea why you said "sticky" in front of the title, but if I had to make a recommendation it would be for the DT 990's. Honestly, they do not sound bad when driven without an amp, they just improve exponentially with one. You'll be satisfied enough with the sound that you won't be disappointed you didn't jump on a pair of headphones with a lower impedance, like the A900.

May 6, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 12
well, my c&c will be sold in order for me the get the money to buy dt990s. and i'll have to drive it with bose pm-1. well, my dt770/80s do quite well with pm-1. i don't know how good the 990s will sound with it.

May 6, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 12
I highly recommend the SR-001mk2.
A great pair of portable earphones, which will give you a real taste of the electrostatic sound.

May 8, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like the idea of the SR-001s then go for it. They offer very nice price performance so it's not like they're a bad option.

when the choice is between boring, safe, and wonky, there is a kind of person who chooses wonky. This kind is identifiable because they bother listing wonky among the choices in the first place. The SR-001 is the only one of these three that I would buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back