Stereophile to review Blockhead
Apr 17, 2002 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

legoman

100+ Head-Fier
This may be old news (although I did a search and couldn't find it), but in the current Stereophile, J. Scull reveals in his FineTunes section that they are working on a Blockhead review.

Legoman

Apr 17, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 8
Cool! Was there any mention of when this review would take place?

Apr 17, 2002 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 8
No, it didn't say when.

He did say that he will be using the Balanced Audio Technology D5SE CD Player as the source.

Also, they talked about the Stax 4070 headphones and Amphony headphone system. The McIntosh Preamp's headphone jack/amp was talked about but not reviewed. Mark Levinson was also interviewed, but said nothing of the Red Rose headphone amp.

Hell, this issue even had a BAD REVIEW!!!!!

That's the 1st time I seen one of those in this mag.

Apr 17, 2002 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 8
hopefully the review will still happen since j-10 has left stereophile...

Apr 17, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Damn, the only headphone guy there left? That sucks...

Parts of the magazine are written months ahead of time, other are written days before going to print. Hopefully he already finish the review, and it's just waiting for it's turn to be printed.

Let's hope...

Apr 17, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 8
atkinson is still around and he does a lot of listening through headphones. tellig's a grado fan. i believe most of their staff have headphones.

i suspect that with the attention headphones have recieved in the market place that they'll be quite a few headphone related reviews from the major (as opposed to minor) publications in the upcoming year.

Apr 17, 2002 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, there really isn't a whole lot of brand new high end headphones and amps being released into the market.

The new Headroom headphones amps have been released, so they will be reviewing the Blockhead.

Prehaps they will review the Stax 4070 headphones and Amphony headphone system later on as well.

And the Sennheiser HD700, when that's released.

Apr 17, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 8
And not to forget that if i remember correctly, Headroom has been purchasing a full page of advertising every month for the last few years, which should make the decision to review one of the most expensive and the only dual-mono headamp that much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back