Stello HP100 owners, use as a preamp?
Oct 17, 2006 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rodentmacbeastie

500+ Head-Fier
For all of you HP100 owners... Have you tried using it as a preamp? I am very interested in how it would sould as a preamp in a speaker system. For those owners who have not yet tried this setup, could you and let me know? I am having a hell of a time finding a reasonably priced preamp that I like. I will likely settle on a Presonus Central Station unless someone can give me an alternative under $500-$600. The HP100 is lacking many things that the Presonus has, but I would love the headamp as well. So it comes down to the sound of the preamp function. This is my original post, please guys, help me out!

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203817

Oct 17, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't have a speaker setup, so I don't use my HP100 as a Preamp...

But the model name HP100 comes from Headphone/Pre-Amp 100

and I saw number of comments by people saying that they were surprised at HP100's ability as a preamp...

Oct 17, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 3
I use it as a preamp. Actually I'm listening through the preamp right now. It works great but I don't know about the sound quality because I'm not very experienced with speaker setups. I also bought CA 640A V2 at the same time when I first hooked HP100 to it so I can't really comment about the sound.

It works very well anyway and sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back