Steampunk Millett Hybrid
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #34 of 81
Do you work for Disney?
bigsmile_face.gif

I mean that with all due respect, you are certainly an artist!  That creation is just fabulous, what an imagination.  Wow!

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #36 of 81
I found a little clear glass orb like thing in a jar, it has a slight amber tint to it..I hit it with the media blaster at work to difuse it and I cut out a little bezel for it and soldered it together, tapped on the edge with a little hammer to round the edge over and hit it with scotchbrite...it difuses the LED just perfect and I think I will use it for the power indicator with an orange LED behind it...

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #38 of 81
Very cool build.  I especially like the volume 'knob', though I think I would have pointed it up and put it on top.  :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #40 of 81
Wow vixr, incredible job.  I've never been into steampunk and all that stuff, I prefer a nice clean looking amp, but nevertheless you're work is pretty awesome.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #41 of 81
Really nice work. Super clean cuts on that copper top... what did you use? 

How does it sound? Been able to suppress the valves and steam escaping from the bottom end? :wink:

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #43 of 81

Quote:
Really nice work. Super clean cuts on that copper top... what did you use? 

How does it sound? Been able to suppress the valves and steam escaping from the bottom end? :wink:

I just used a hole saw and a drill press to cut the copper top, the amp sounds pretty good...I went with the first Millett hybrid board I bought years ago just for grins...again, thank you for all the kind comments...The casework is all but finished, just the e12 board and some wiring left.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #44 of 81
Wow! In a world where even many high-end audio products look like clearance rack "boom boxes" from K-Mart, you've created something truely unique, and almost organically beautiful. I really like the way you've employed common hardware store items as the basis for your design. Hope you'll continue your work. Steve Jobs would approve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back