Stax SR-X MARK 3 vs. JH-13
Aug 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

5aces

500+ Head-Fier

While I enjoy the portability of the JH-13's,I prefer my Stax for the intense sound sessions.

Something about the closed canal pressure of custom IEM's vs. the open-back electrostats.

Simply still liking my earspeakers from 1975 with the 1979 transformer,in spite of the new custom monitors...

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Yeah, the SR-X/MK3 is outstanding. 35 years old and still competitive.
o2smile.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 3
I had to say it and as a teenager,felt like a MAN when I slipped these on,losing any musical virginity to them.

My ticket to musical paradise,especially at 2:00 AM,when everyone else was sleeping over the years.

I put them on for hours late last night,simply listening to local rock radio station programming,with the same youthful guilty pleasure.

I can appreciate new things but there are specific,revealing reference pieces that we all have encountered for the first time.

Even the JH-13 was a 'first' of sorts for myself and many others but years will slip by before it is recognized for its place in audiophile history. 

Somehow,these old Stax have become heirloom items that will be bequethed to the special person that shares the same intense passion,so the enjoyment will hopefully live on.

Standing the test of time,like an old Corvette,everyone has their favorite model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back