Stax SR Lambda Pro plays louder from right earspeaker
Jul 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

terryw

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Hi,[/size]

[size=10pt]A few years back, I purchased a pair of SR Lambda Pros, SRM-1 / MK2 Driver Unit, and SRD-X battery powered portable adaptor.  All was fine for a year or so but now the left earspeaker plays much lower than the right earspeaker, maybe as much as 6dB less loud.  I have swapped the SRM for the SRD-X and right and left signal inputs to track down the source of the problem.  The issue always follows the left can.  The problem is the Lambda Pro left earspeaker.  I checked continuity between the SR Lambdas connectors; all were open circuit as it should be for capacitors.  I measured the capacitance between the bias terminal and +R, -R, +L, -L and got 138pF, 210Pf, 133pF, and 117pF respectively.  I've wiggled the wires at both ends were they meet the connector and cans with no sonic signatures of a broken cable.[/size]

[size=10pt]Any idea what's up?  Is anybody parting out a pair of SR Lambda Pros? [/size]

[size=10pt]I have an order in for a new pair of SR-303 but wouldn't mind fixing the Lambda Pros too.  If all else fails, I'll sell the Lambdas for parts.  The Lambdas very good condition except the left earspeaker level.[/size]

[size=10pt]-Terry[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back