Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
Apr 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #316 of 928
probably a good idea if you want anyone to pay attention to your problem.  People are really trying to put some thought into helping you.

Can't see the insults, they get moderated on the fly. A good thing probably.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #319 of 928
Apart from that, did you ever get a response from pj?

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #320 of 928
  Actually, I've given no insults to anyone on this thread. I've removed my comments because of some of the negative responses here. "Paradoxper" seems to have it in for me, but I don't know him or her  (or it), so I consider the source.  Perhaps it was brought up with wolves, since it seems to have a wolf-pack mentality.

I'm sorry you didn't like the way I came off to you. But yea, apart from that, what's the update?

May 1, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #321 of 928
I have an IDEA about what may be causing this issue (channel imbalance).

I used to work as an IT and the company CEO insisted on wearing polyester shirts. His (expensive) laptop
kept crashing, and eventually required a new hard drive. This happened 4 times in less than 12 months,and
to 3 new machines. Eventually the only thing left was STATIC DISCHARGE from his clothing to his laptop casework.

The problem went away once he started wearing cotton mix shirts.

So, anyone having a channel imbalance with the 009s or other Stax headphones, it may be worth looking at this.
I know from swopping out PC chip sets, I had to wear an earthing strap around my wrist. And some folk do carry
around more static than others. Some cars can get static build up as well.

This would also explain why storing the 009s for a week fixes the issue (for a while), as they would then discharge.
Remember, laptops running of a battery cannot discharge static away down the main cable. Also units mounted
on wooden shelves or glass shelves likewise.

Something to consider you guys?

May 1, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #322 of 928
Yes this can also apply to some types of furnishings. I remember certain types of man-made materials like carpets used to suffer from static buildup. In some circumstances you could get one hell of a jolt from them!

Quote:
  I have an IDEA about what may be causing this issue (channel imbalance).

I used to work as an IT and the company CEO insisted on wearing polyester shirts. His (expensive) laptop
kept crashing, and eventually required a new hard drive. This happened 4 times in less than 12 months,and
to 3 new machines. Eventually the only thing left was STATIC DISCHARGE from his clothing to his laptop casework.

The problem went away once he started wearing cotton mix shirts.

So, anyone having a channel imbalance with the 009s or other Stax headphones, it may be worth looking at this.
I know from swopping out PC chip sets, I had to wear an earthing strap around my wrist. And some folk do carry
around more static than others. Some cars can get static build up as well.

This would also explain why storing the 009s for a week fixes the issue (for a while), as they would then discharge.
Remember, laptops running of a battery cannot discharge static away down the main cable. Also units mounted
on wooden shelves or glass shelves likewise.

Something to consider you guys?

May 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #323 of 928
Then problem with that theory is how would the generated static end up on the diaphragm.  The system is highly insulated so the only viable option for what's causing this is has to do with changes to temperature/humidity and how the peculiar nature of the 009 driver interacts with those. 

May 16, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #324 of 928
thank you guys

i was very very close to bay  this week  from our delar the stax sr009+sem007t2
 or  sr007mk2 +sem007t2

but from you guys  i see it is very very  big trouble.

also it her in israel  8600$ for  sr009+amp

5750$ for  sr007mk2+amp

only one per it well import to me 

so i well stay  whit my hd800+luxman p1u

thank you guys

sonyes
israel

May 16, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #326 of 928
ok but to import  one per for me is reskiy 
if my be same teouble

?????

100 good    one two bed??  can be in my luak

mad.gif

May 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #327 of 928
For those that have had to send equipment back to STAX from the US (or comparable distance) to have something like an imbalance issue fixed, how long did it take to make the repair? Is it fairly easy to send, say, an SR-009 or SR-007 to STAX to have it repaired? This question might be too general but I'm just curious about the options after one's warranty has expired.

May 20, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #328 of 928
I have the same problem with my SR-009.   The left side gives out half the volume of the right side.  I will wait for a few weeks to see if it will return to normal.  I have to say I am quite disappointed with Stax.  

I bought mine from PJ 3  months ago.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back