Static/Hiss Noise in Sunrise SW-Xcape with iPod
Mar 10, 2011 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JOmega

New Head-Fier
My ViSang R03's recently broke so I had to buy a new pair of IEMs, and now I desperately miss the R03. I bought these (with the help of amazing reviews here):

http://www.sunrise-audio.com/products/sw-xcape.html

For some reason at moderate-high volumes there is this frequent static noise in the background. Sometimes it's very distracting and almost intolerable. At first I thought it was just the "burn-in phase" as you guys call it, but I've been using them for around 2-3 weeks and it hasn't gone away. On the bright side, at least, I don't think it has gotten any worse (*crosses fingers*).

What is causing this?

It's not a constant static (that you would hear on a badly tuned FM radio or something), but it sometimes happens in rhythm at certain beats. However, it also sometimes happens randomly during quieter times when there is just someone singing and no beat.

Could it be that the speakers are already somehow blown out? I do notice it more in the left earphone, which worries me. There are many points in a song when it will ONLY come from the left earbud.
I did lower the maximum volume on my iPod as suggested on the forums to avoid damaging my headphones...I had my ViSang's for quite some time, and the earphones never blew out. I don't think see how it's possible that these could have blown out already.

Any suggestions?
Did I purchase a defected product?

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: So I decided to try the headphones while plugged into my computer with some Led Zeppelin FLACs. When I turn the volume up, I almost have to take the left earphone out; the static is TERRIBLE. The right earphone had barely any static at all. Now I'm more convinced that the left earbud is faulty.

Should I contact GDAudioBase about the warranty?

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Sounds like you answered your question.

frown.gif

I'm kinda new with IEMs. Is it normal to get a defective side? Is there no repairing it? I'm not looking forward to weeks of emailing about the warranty, and then 4 weeks for int'l shipping to and from Russia...

I'm still under warranty, right? Or will they try to say I blew the speaker on it?
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 4
There was one point when I was burning in mine when I noticed a low hum but then I realised it only happened when it was being charged. 
Looks like you'll need return it though because from the sounds of it, yours have a defect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back