Static/Hiss/Crackling sound with AV-710...
Apr 20, 2007 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Metaphysical

100+ Head-Fier
I just noticed this yesterday when I rebooted my computer. The normal windows sound had a sort of static sound at the end of it which I thought was nothing, but then I started to listen to some music. At certain frequencies the static sound was present. What do you think the problem is? Should I reinstall my drivers?

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 10
You could try that... Also try reseating the card in its slot (unplug, replug).

Try a different source (ex. MP3 player, CD player) connected to your speaker / headphone system just to make sure it's not your playback equipment.

It sounds like a hardware issue to me... We'll see.

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 10
Check your MIC settings, turn off 20 db boost.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #6 of 10
You could try reinstalling the drivers but it sounds like a hardware thing.

Try moving the card to a different PCI slot (preferably as far away from everything else as possible).

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calroth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could try reinstalling the drivers but it sounds like a hardware thing.

Try moving the card to a different PCI slot (preferably as far away from everything else as possible).

its already in the bottom pci slot

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 10
I ran into some similar issues over the past couple days. I was just listening to music and all of a sudden I had a lot of noise coming through my phones. I'm used to having to wiggle the plugs on my PA2v2 and having the noise go away, but it didn't. I bypassed my PA2v2 and plugged my phones into the cord coming from my computer, still noisy. I pulled my computer out and plugged my headphones directly into the sound card and the noise was gone. I have since found out that my problem is my extension cable going from my soundcard to my amp. I have a cheap spiral springy cord that apparently is picking up RF or something. I found a 6' Belkin cable at abtelectronics.com for less that $12 shipped that I hope fixes my problem.

How does it sound if you plug you headphones directly into the card? If that is still bad I suppose the card may have gone belly up. <shrug>

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekbanter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ran into some similar issues over the past couple days. I was just listening to music and all of a sudden I had a lot of noise coming through my phones. I'm used to having to wiggle the plugs on my PA2v2 and having the noise go away, but it didn't. I bypassed my PA2v2 and plugged my phones into the cord coming from my computer, still noisy. I pulled my computer out and plugged my headphones directly into the sound card and the noise was gone. I have since found out that my problem is my extension cable going from my soundcard to my amp. I have a cheap spiral springy cord that apparently is picking up RF or something. I found a 6' Belkin cable at abtelectronics.com for less that $12 shipped that I hope fixes my problem.

How does it sound if you plug you headphones directly into the card? If that is still bad I suppose the card may have gone belly up. <shrug>

Yeah, I just bypassed my pa2v2 and the static noise is gone! I think i'm gonna go ahead and order one of those cables, I've been wanting an extension anyway. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back