Starting budget: $250 Paid: $935
Jan 7, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #16 of 38
I started here looking for an upgrade from my E2C.

Well, SF5pro, several portable amps and a home amp later, I'm still not done. Next on the list is a Little Dot MkIII, HD650 and custom tips for my Just purchased IE8s, marantz CD player and possibly STAX....

God this is expensive.....but fun!
biggrin.gif
At least this hobby isn't as expensive as cars/motorbikes, which is my other big passion....

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geruvah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I wanted were new headphones. I loved my IEMs but wanted cans.

Keces 131.1 ($270)
Little Dot MK III ($345)
HD650 ($320)

I should've avoided this place like the plague.

Seems like a good system. All you need now is better interconnects and a recable
wink.gif
I'm personally very satisfied with my E-MU 0404USB->supra interconnect -> LD MKIII ->Zu mobius v2 ->HD650

Have not even been concidering a upgrade since I finished it about 6 months ago.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #19 of 38
My last project had an initial budget of 1k... spent about 1500. Sometimes you see stuff for a deal and just have to go for it
ph34r.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #20 of 38
I came looking for information on the authenticity of possibly counterfeit sennheiser cx500, but ended up buying sf5p, then a sansa clip, then denon ah-d1001, then klipsch image x10, and now I'm saving for a NuForce icon desktop and akg-k701.

At least I didn't buy fake cx500's!

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came here two years ago looking for an inexpensive DAC.

10 grand later I still don't have a cheap DAC...

biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 38
I started off looking for some isolation from the occasionally quite noisy work environment (two to three times a week, things get annoying here).

As you can see in my signature, my wallet's the one looking for relief from me now.
biggrin.gif

(Future plans: USB DAC/Amp combo, then D2000, then D2000 woody + markl mods + temporary recable to D5000/D7000 cable, then upgrade Amp, then either final recable of D2000 or new more expensive DAC, then whichever one I didn't do in the last step.....Then comes the HD650 rig or possibly an AKG/Grado rig.....Expensive!)

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #23 of 38
Its addictive! We all know that by now.
tongue.gif

Either leave before its too late, or let upgradeitis hit you full!

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #24 of 38
Likewise, started out with a small aa powered iriver and some mdr71 sony's.

Came here, apologised about my wallet stepped up to a 1g nano and sf5 pro's now ive bought a cowon s9 and sleek customs.

Addictive trying to find the right sound.
biggrin.gif

In the future id like maybe d5000 or hd650 with cardas cable and a good source.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #25 of 38
Ah, but see, you got a complete, really good system out of it. Some people come here and then spend $1000 buying several pairs of headphones they don't really need because all of them aren't 'right'.

So in the head-fi scheme of things, be pleased. Now you can really enjoy your music, so as fast as you can, run away!

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 38
Same thing for me, one of my friends bougth a pair of K242s and I tought I'd buy something similar. First I had my eyes the K272s, but then I spotted the K701 for 255€
biggrin.gif
, I haven't received them yet and now I'm looking for an amp, will probably be the heed canamp, so I started of at about <150€ now im up to about 650€
biggrin.gif
, even if i haven't got any of the stuff yet I catch myself thinking about an upgrade alredy :p. But I'm like this, I save nearly all of my money for music
biggrin.gif
, I own instruments (clarinets, saxophones) for over 10000€ (I've payed about 95% of that myself) already and I had my seventeenth birthday a month ago :p. But I live at home and will probably do so for another 4-5 years so I don't have almost any expences, free food, no bills to pay, no car and no girlfriend
biggrin.gif
so I'm living my happy life studying and playing alot of music and buying instruments ^^

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #27 of 38
i was lured in by promises of candy...................now i am on the street...............but damn are my headphones ****ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #29 of 38
After an amp and an LOD I'll be set for a while. Maybe I'll get a set of semi-open/open phones for variety, but I think thats it.

Check back with me in 6 months and ridicule me for being so naive!

Jan 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #30 of 38
I don't even think about how much money I had spent anymore. Everything is gone now, I think I made a percentage of it back, but whatever. Life goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back