Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #241 of 262
I would imagine any vendor with a direct market presence will at least be equipped to take an order that they would then, after the show, send you an invoice to complete the transaction.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #242 of 262
And there will for sure be people selling vinyl
L3000.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #244 of 262
The venue sounds like a fun place. Do you have to actually climb up a mountain to get to the show?

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #245 of 262
I'll be climbing it in a plane. Not the outdoorsy type.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #246 of 262
Thanks guys.  Just as a follow-up, is PayPal a pretty standard method for paying?  I've never purchased anything as a "Fest" before.  :)

That brings me to another point, that perhaps someone already on-site can answer - is WiFi available in the Rocky Mountain Room?  It would be nice to look things up and do PayPal transactions right there on-the-spot.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #247 of 262
I highly doubt that if you want to buy anything on the show floor, that Paypal would work.  I'm guessing that anything that you might buy and actually take with you would require cash. 

Last year at CanJam Music Direct was selling records - I can't recall if they had a credit card process there or whether that was also all cash.

The hotel has wi-fi, but most likely it will cost you.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #248 of 262
I can't imagine too many dealers (esp. since the majority of the show is non-head phone gear) would

A) turn down a sale from a customer that wanted to give them money on-the-spot
B) want to sit a briefcase of 1000 20-dollar bills next to their coat on the showroom floor  :)

Since I've never been to something like this, perhaps I have the wrong idea (as a consumer instead of a vendor).  I do plan on buying some gear, so I'll be a little surprised if people turn down electronic payment, but I could be wrong.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #249 of 262
Quote:
Thanks guys.  Just as a follow-up, is PayPal a pretty standard method for paying?  I've never purchased anything as a "Fest" before.  :)

That brings me to another point, that perhaps someone already on-site can answer - is WiFi available in the Rocky Mountain Room?  It would be nice to look things up and do PayPal transactions right there on-the-spot.

PayPal is standard on most of the vendors' Web sites, if that's what you mean. I'd think most vendors would probably accept PayPal for direct transactions too.

The hotel does have wi-fi, can't remember if it was free or not though. Bring a smartphone (or borrow someone else's) if it's not free.
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #252 of 262
The Official Head-Fi Party is Saturday, Todd. But look for me at the Marriott bar Friday after the show. I plan to be here from show close until eye close :wink: Will be nice to see you again.

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #253 of 262
Shouldn't someone be warming up an impressions thread?

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #255 of 262
No, stuck in Dallas for the Arlington Guitar Show... but, I am watching with keen interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back