Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens HD trailer
Nov 29, 2014 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

moriez

Headphoneus Supremus

The party pooper that I am, I'm hopeful but skeptic about the upcoming movie. If only the story production is going to be way more solid than episode 1-2-3 we may have a keeper.

What do y'all think?

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 9
As an official episode 1-2-3 hater, judging strictly from the previews and what I know about the people making the film there's almost no way that this wont be an improvement. We'll see.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 9
There is still a risk of an abuse of lens flares.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 9

Dec 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 9
As an official episode 1-2-3 hater, judging strictly from the previews and what I know about the people making the film there's almost no way that this wont be an improvement. We'll see.

Watched those again over the weekend and boy they fail harder than I remembered. Episode 1 is so-so at best but at least has some proper highlights like the Darth Maul action, the pod race and young Anakin making one of the strongest memorable appearances. Now 2 and 3 is where the real hurt is. Sooo much filler material. To me the main flaw with all of them is that a lot of the scenes are rushed resulting in nearly no (character) development and credibility. The nimble Yoda, a pensive Windu, that fool Jarjar who's appointed general and not much later senator? The misery don't stop. I tried watching them for what they are, just (Star Wars) movies without drawing comparisons to episode 4-5-6 but nothing could save it.

Sometimes I think this franchise is only as good as it's main soundtrack theme. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Episode 1 was such a total fail IMO that I didn't bother seeing the others in the theater. After watching on cable I'm very glad I didn't. I saw the original several times in the theater in '77 and it made a huge impression on my teenage mind. My disappointment at ep 1-3 was immense. I thought the Ewoks were bad... The more I think of it, it's impossible that the new movie can be more of a fail than these movies.

Red letter medias reviews were hilarious though

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #9 of 9
Can't wait for the new movie. I really like the Star Trek movies by JJ Abrams. Actually i like most, if not all, of his movies. Combine this with the fact that i am one of those people who enjoyed episodes 1, 2, 3 as much as i did 4, 5, 6 and you will understand (or not 
tongue_smile.gif
) how psyched i am about Episode 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back