Stagediver SD3 Vs Fischer FA-4E XB
Jul 21, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #16 of 28
Maybe you can find the comparatiom here http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-new-4-ba-iem-from-germany

It seems not too many people have the new version would like to see some comparations too!

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #17 of 28
I did a little bit of digging and discovered that I purchased this back in February. So, I don't know if it qualifies as being the latest version. My luck, I just missed the cut off by a month or two. However, I wish that I knew because if there is a newer version I am unfortunately going to have to buy it. I will try to offer some comparations on here between the headphones that I do have; m200, dn-1000, FAD IV heaven, pfe232, and Westome UM4.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #19 of 28
I will check it out and update on here once I find the one I'm referring to.  I've read so much on here; a lot of times through my cell phone, but haven't done much posting, but it is nice to chat with people that have the same interests; my wife thinks I'm nuts.  
According to FA, what are the differences supposed to be?

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #20 of 28
This is more or less what they told us :)

Kurdt-Bada's Feedback made me excited about the Sound, so I called Jochen Fischer.

And I asked him, what is going on with the Mid Section, is the "phone" sound vanished?

He said, many users told him, that the Mid Section maybe sounds a bit to harsh & could annoy.

So, he dropped the frequence between 1 - 2 KHZ about 3-4 db, so the Sound is now more neutral & the "Phone" sound is not existing anymore.

He said, he changed the Crossover, like Kurdt told, & fixed the Middle Driver, so the sound is now much better than the old one, cause the Mids are now exactly, how they should be, not to "phone" sounding, & more neutral & crisp.

Isn't that Nice?

Kurdt heared the Difference & you are right, it is changed!

Ive asked him, why he does not write that in the official page, he said: "It is not an huge improvement, only High fidelity ears will hear the difference in the Mid Section. The Harshness between 3-4 Khz he also fixed it & the Crossover between Mids & Highs is much more fluid, now it should sound everything how is supposed to be!

It was really easy for his Team to fix the Middle Driver & it made a noticeable difference, he told me.

So Guys, maybe you will make a comparison to your "old" FA-4's vs the "new" one?

I think the stage is also wider

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #21 of 28
I believe the comparation was:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/687962/asg-2-ck100pro-ue900-and-fa-4e-xb-reviews-the-dysfunctional-family

I was really looking intently at the ASG-2 or the FA4EXB's, but this review helped tip me to the Fischer's.  I still want to hear the ASG-2's, but i go back and read that and I'm reassured of my choice; not that it bashed the ASG-2's at all.  

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #25 of 28
Good to know, but it seems like the Rhapsody series will take a couple of months to be released I guess. Not even sure if it's really going to be "better" maybe
just "different" the FA-4E XB is almost perfect for my taste.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #26 of 28
Yes you will get the new fa 4e version but not the rhapsody which is not released yet.

I've been planning on buying one of the fischer amps iems for some time. Now I'm quite confused. I thought the "XB" stands for the Rhapsody series. Is that correct? If not, then the FA-4E XB is "the new fa4e version" you referred to in the quote?

In terms of SD3, I would rather have the SD2. SD2 is still darker than what I want, so the FA-4E XB might just be what I have been looking for. I would really want to have a try, but no retailers here in hk has it in store.

Sep 20, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #27 of 28
  I'll probrably be ordering them tomorrow, so hoping they won't dissapoint :)

Did you get them? I'm in the same dilemma... upgrading from IE80 (same as IE8) and I made a small list of options including both Fischer amps and SD3... how do they compare with IE8/80? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back