SR325i or MS2i???
Mar 19, 2007 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

ecclesand

Headphoneus Supremus
I know this topic has been visited already...but based on my search, it's been a while. For someone (me!) who loves their SR225 and doesn't think it's bright at all...should I move up to the 325i or would the MS2i be better? I'm a 41 year old father of 2 that listens to all types of metal and hard rock (I haven't grown up yet
tongue.gif
)! And, no, the RS2 and RS1 are out of my budget right now so no suggestions of saving my money for those models.
frown.gif

This next purchase of headphones is it for me for a while, so I want to get it right between the 2!

As always, thanks for your opinions!

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 43
The best advice you could get would be 'try both' =\ From what I've heard the 325i is one of the brighter ones in the prestige series, with the 225 being one of the least, so they should be quite contrasting in terms of brightness..

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 43
Normally I would recommend the MS2 over the 325 without question. But since you made this statement, "For someone (me!) who loves their SR225 and doesn't think it's bright at all.", I think you should go for the 325's. It will probably be to your liking. Either one will be better than the 225's.

- augustwest

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 43
I'm a Sennheiser fanboy, and even I don't think the 325i is too bright
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
It's treble is just right for metal and hard rock, so I say keep with Grado!

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 43
These were the kinds of comments I was looking for! Sometimes it's frustrating having folks tell you to try both when many times it's not practical or even possible. I love the sound of the SR225 but to me it feels too light on my head and I would like a bit more clarity and refinement. I don't want to risk buying the MS2i if it isn't the true Grado sound which is what I fell in love with.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a Sennheiser fanboy, and even I don't think the 325i is too bright
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
It's treble is just right for metal and hard rock, so I say keep with Grado!

I'm glad to hear that, I'll be buying the 325i soon.

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 43
I just got the 325i from TTVJ and they sound fantastic right out of the box. To my ears, they are not sibilant, harsh, or too bright at all...just right! Bass extends lower than the 225 and the weight of the 325i feels more comfortable than the 225...at least to me it does. I'll let them burn in for about a full day and then listen to what improvements there are. I can't imagine these can get any better than what they already are! In any case...looks like I'll be selling my 225 pretty soon!
icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #9 of 43
Congrats!

So you like them then huh
rs1smile.gif

Tomorrow I plan to order a 325i from my local Grado dealer. Next week should be a good week for me with also an AE-2 possibly arriving too.
cool.gif

May 1, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #11 of 43
Hi guys, I went to Alessandro's site, they're showing pics of old MS2. Are they shipping the new MS2i if I order online? Otherwise, where can I get MS2i?

Actually, I'm also considering between either MS2i or SR325i too....
tongue.gif

May 1, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #12 of 43
I think only the fat 'i' aluminum driver housings are being made at this moment so yeah, you'd get an MS2i (well, can't be 100% sure as I didn't notice which pic was on the site at the time I ordered... but all the recently ordered MS2's have been 'i's)

May 1, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I went to Alessandro's site, they're showing pics of old MS2. Are they shipping the new MS2i if I order online? Otherwise, where can I get MS2i?

Actually, I'm also considering between either MS2i or SR325i too....
tongue.gif

Alessandro is the only place you can order Alessandro headphones! So yes, it will be the MS2i. Mr Alessandro is a bit slow with updating his website and such...

May 1, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #14 of 43
Yup, the site was not upgraded when the cans were released about January of '05. So yeah; same old photo. Of course the designation of "MS2" is still correct since it was only us who changed the name to make it easier to keep track of the old vs new model. We just added the "i" of the Grado SR-325i.

"i" was easier to type than the original name used; "Fatboy"!
icon10.gif

May 1, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, the site was not upgraded when the cans were released about January of '05. So yeah; same old photo. Of course the designation of "MS2" is still correct since it was only us who changed the name to make it easier to keep track of the old vs new model. We just added the "i" of the Grado SR-325i.

"i" was easier to type than the original name used; "Fatboy"!
icon10.gif

True. In truth, there even isnt such thing as MS2i. Its just Headfis own name to make a difference between older look and newer look. Otherwise, it should be same headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back