SR-60i or Portapro?
Oct 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Circuitbender

100+ Head-Fier
So, do you think the audio quality boost the 60is give is worth the extra 50 dollars? I consider both fairly portable, but obviously the Portapro is moreso. What do you guys think (trying to decide b/w these two, as my HD555s just aren't portable in the least).

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 13
Owning the sr60s, I can't possibly imagine how one could consider them portable in any way. Large earcups, a design that doesn't fold, and a very long and thick wire (the 60i is apparently even thicker!). Plus when you walk you actually have microphonics, and the headphones themselves creak when one turns his head. So yeah, just go with the portapro. Or if you prefer a brighter, more grado-like sound, get the koss ksc75. I think buy.com has them for $13, including free shipping. Best deal in audio.
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 13
I had the Grado's (still do just need to recable them...loong story) and i just got the porta pros for portability portapros all the way i tried carrying the grado's around and no dice too big too open and cable was too long sound wise i'm very happy with my portapros too
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 13
So do the Portapros isolate at all or what?

Quote:
I had the Grado's (still do just need to recable them...loong story) and i just got the porta pros for portability portapros all the way i tried carrying the grado's around and no dice too big too open and cable was too long sound wise i'm very happy with my portapros too
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 13
The portapros have the same level of noise attenuation as the grados: none.

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 13
The sennheiser px200-ii should make for a decent, and relatively well isolating portable. If you want more isolation, perhaps consider the jvc ha-m750. Just realize that it's more of a portable full size headphone, than a portable like the portapro or px200.

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #12 of 13

Good, that's exactly what I'm looking for
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
The sennheiser px200-ii should make for a decent, and relatively well isolating portable. If you want more isolation, perhaps consider the jvc ha-m750. Just realize that it's more of a portable full size headphone, than a portable like the portapro or px200.

The thing is, I'm not comfortable moving my HD555 around. I don't want to take it in a backpack or whatever. I want portability in the sense that I can throw the cans in a backpack and not worry. I want isolation in the sense that when I get to school/the library/wherever I'm going, I don't want everyone around me to hear my music.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #13 of 13
I own both the Koss and the grado. The Koss doesn't suck that bad outdoors. They don't isolate much noise, but they're not as bad as the grados. The grados have a more serious sound, with greater clarity and detail. But the Koss have more Bass and heaps of it too! If you want a more accurate pair, get the Grado. If you want a more fun pair, get the Portapros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back