Squeezebox Touch (EDO) + Stello U3 (XMOS) issue
Oct 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Clemmaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello!

I recently purchased a Stello U3 to upgrade the digital output of my Squeezebox Touch (EDO).
At first, the Stello was simply not recognized when I plugged it in, it did not appear in the list of "Digital output". I connected it to my PC and upgraded the firmware but it was still not recognized on the SBT. Then I updated the "digital output kernel" in the advanced settings of EDO and after reboot the U3 was recognized. From this moment everything worked fine, I could really enjoy the (major) improvement when paired with the Metrum Quad (vs. SBT's coax output).

But tonight, it's a no-go! The U3 is recognized but the LED turns red and so does the input LED of the Metrum (meaning that no data is received). I tried to unplug the Stello dozens of times and each time, the LED turns green and right after it goes back to red... In the information page of EDO, the Stello's status says "stopped"!

My NFB-3.1 has no such issue with its USB input (Tenor 7022), it works each time I plug it in.

Can someone help me figure this out before I return it and get a Audio-gd with built-in USB-32 to replace the Stello - Metrum combo?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back